Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 21st Jun 17, 5:17 PM
    • 108Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    0 WOW
    Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows
    • 21st Jun 17, 5:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows 21st Jun 17 at 5:17 PM
    A hen party has hit out at Ryanair's controversial 'random seat allocation' policy after the budget airline assigned each of the 15 passengers in the group a middle seat - and seated them in 15 separate rows.
    ’ 'Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows' '

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    [/CENTER]

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 15
    • agarnett
    • By agarnett 11th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    agarnett
    Well rain stopped play again with hedgecutting and I am not going to contribute further to this thread because there is strong evidence someone is complaining about offence taken about every tiny thing and causing the forum team extra work. Perhaps someone is trying to get me banned more permanently.

So that's it on this thread I'm afraid. MSE readers loss, not mine.
    • masseyattack
    • By masseyattack 19th Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    masseyattack
    Not sure how they can deny they've not changed policy
    I'm flying with Ryanair in a few days and found that despite checking in the moment that free check-in opened (I literally had an alarm on my phone for this) I'm sat away from my partner. Most annoyingly there are free seats next to both of us. Disgusting tactic by Ryanair to force people to pay to sit together. Fair enough they can't guarantee that a party of 10+ might not sit together but for two people to be separated completely stinks.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 19th Jul 17, 11:26 AM
    • 17,019 Posts
    • 42,952 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I'm flying with Ryanair in a few days and found that despite checking in the moment that free check-in opened (I literally had an alarm on my phone for this) I'm sat away from my partner. Most annoyingly there are free seats next to both of us. Disgusting tactic by Ryanair to force people to pay to sit together. Fair enough they can't guarantee that a party of 10+ might not sit together but for two people to be separated completely stinks.
    Originally posted by masseyattack
    How much would it cost to pay for 2 seats together?
    • Basildon
    • By Basildon 19th Jul 17, 11:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Basildon
    Crafty
    There may also be another reason for the centre seats in row.
    I tried to book a return flight but only paying for seats on the way back but taking pot luck on the way out but couldn't.
    I had the choice of paying both ways or not paying both ways so made 2 separate bookings to get around this
    • SaveTheEuro
    • By SaveTheEuro 19th Jul 17, 2:57 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    SaveTheEuro
    And finally, Ryanair admits what what we all knew, it has changed the seating algorithms.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-oleary-seating-complaints-3503581-Jul2017/
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 20th Jul 17, 6:16 AM
    • 5,611 Posts
    • 3,597 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    reasonable and logical explanation IMO
    Have we changed our policy? No! But the algorithms that allocate are changing on a daily basis and will continue to change because they are driven by demand. We now have more than 50% of our customers paying for reserve seats.
    They overwhelmingly select the window and the aisle seat which means, yes, if you want a random seat it’s far more likely to be in the centre.
    • antenna
    • By antenna 20th Jul 17, 6:21 AM
    • 1,607 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    antenna
    I would like to know the percentage of single passengers as opposed to 2 people flying together.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
    • buffycam
    • By buffycam 20th Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    buffycam
    Best seats for free!
    I'm flying to Berlin with my partner tomorrow and we decided not to pay for specific seats. Ryanair's "random" allocation has just given me a front row seat and put him in the emergency exit rows.... fifteen rows apart and in the middle seat, obviously. This is despite there being a few pairs of seats and loads of window and aisle seats free. Funny thing is, if we'd wanted to actually book these premium, extra leg room seats, we would have had to pay a total of £30
    • antenna
    • By antenna 20th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    • 1,607 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    antenna
    You are in the perfect position to offer to swap a seat to get what you want.
    • buffycam
    • By buffycam 20th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    buffycam
    Interestingly, although I chose not to pay for a specific seat allocation on the way out to Berlin this weekend (and got extra leg room seats for free, interestingly the only unallocated middle seats left - see my other post), I do still have the option to pay on the way back.......
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 20th Jul 17, 7:42 PM
    • 6,797 Posts
    • 2,999 Thanks
    buglawton
    I would like to know the percentage of single passengers as opposed to 2 people flying together.
    Originally posted by antenna
    Very large, the flights are often nearly full of Eastern and Southern European workers on a trip between homestead and UK work location.
    • Jonmenzies
    • By Jonmenzies 23rd Jul 17, 12:17 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Jonmenzies
    I just wish people would stop saying pay up or shut up. I don't get this.
    • antenna
    • By antenna 23rd Jul 17, 6:17 AM
    • 1,607 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    antenna
    Very large, the flights are often nearly full of Eastern and Southern European workers on a trip between homestead and UK work location.
    Originally posted by buglawton
    Flying to Malaga and Alicante........?
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 23rd Jul 17, 8:07 AM
    • 8,050 Posts
    • 2,947 Thanks
    Buzby
    I always wait until the plane doors close, and then we suit ourselves.....
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 23rd Jul 17, 9:18 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    jpsartre
    I just wish people would stop saying pay up or shut up. I don't get this.
    Originally posted by Jonmenzies
    Perhaps because you left out an option - pay up, shut up OR fly another airline.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 23rd Jul 17, 9:22 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    jpsartre
    reasonable and logical explanation IMO
    Originally posted by budgetflyer
    Except it's not true, the policy HAS changed. They used to seat families together if possible and the website even stated this, now they don't (and the website no longer states it).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,759Posts Today

8,144Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin