Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pebrey
    • By pebrey 21st Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pebrey
    Isis Solar - Free Panels - something fishy going on?
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    Isis Solar - Free Panels - something fishy going on? 21st Jun 17 at 11:22 AM
    We were one of the many households that jumped on the ISIS Solar bandwagon back in 2011 and had free solar panels installed.

We are just coming to sell our house, and I've found out that ISIS Solar have gone out of business, so in theory ownership of the panels should revert back to me.

However, I've been doing some research and it's a bit more complicated, so I'd really like some input or if anyone has any further information.

Here's what I found so far:

ISIS Solar were incorporated on 2nd July 2010. Administrators were appointed on 24th November 2015, and the company was dissolved on 8th March 2017.

ISIS Solar 1 was incorporated on 26th August 2010. It's still marked as active, but they have only ever filed accounts for a dormant company (Lsst filing for the period to 30th March, 2016)

ISIS Solar 2 was incorporated on 14th June 2010 as Switch Energy. Name changed to ISIS Solar 2 on 30th Nov 2010. A compulsory strike-off notice was issued on 18th Oct 2011, and that notice was discontinued on 11th Feb 2012. Once again, this company have only ever submitted accounts for a dormant company.

All of the "Accounts for a dormant company" submissions show a balance sheet of just the share capital (£100), and no assets.

On checking my contract / roof lease is with ISIS Solar 2, and as far as I am aware, that is who we dealt with (and have spoken to a number of times since).

But, none of the phone numbers for ISIS Solar (0, 1 or 2) work. I spoke to the administrators for the original ISIS Solar company, and they said that the original ISIS solar was just a holding company for the others, and that the contracts were now being looked after by Solar O&M. Incorporated 15th September 2015. (Unsurprisingly by the same directors at the same address).

So, ISIS solar was a holding company for at least 2 other ISIS Solar companies, none of which have ever declared any assets, despite having contracts in place for the solar panels. Those subsidiary companies have been declaring dormant accounts, and now the contracts are been managed by another un-related company (Which shows big liabilities on the balance sheet - as if they maybe bought the contracts?).

It's all very suspicious in my mind. Can anyone shed any light?
Page 2
    • Lala51
    • By Lala51 28th Aug 17, 8:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lala51
    Yes I can help you there. My house caught fire recently and my contract was with Isis Solar/1/2 ..whatever. I finally got hold of a man called Ian from Solar O & M who are a management company apparently. Still fishy, never answers phone email only.. Going to solicitor to check out. Will let you know situation. Ian Gilbert 07572221421. Hope this helps.
    • cadillaccts
    • By cadillaccts 7th Sep 17, 1:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    cadillaccts
    Isis
    I'm in the process of changing my mortgage and having issues re the panels.

I guess it's a case of contacting this Ian guy ( if he answers ) and resolving the outstanding queries.
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 7th Sep 17, 2:22 PM
    • 5,139 Posts
    • 4,791 Thanks
    eddddy
    I'm in the process of changing my mortgage and having issues re the panels.

I guess it's a case of contacting this Ian guy ( if he answers ) and resolving the outstanding queries.
    Originally posted by cadillaccts
    If you've leased your roof to a solar panel company, the problem is probably that the lease doesn't conform to CML (Council of Mortgage Lenders) Handbook minimum requirements.

Take look here: https://www.cml.org.uk/lenders-handbook/solar-panels-and-the-lenders-handbook/

To sort the problem, the solar panel company will have to agree to vary (change) the lease.

(They may or may not agree, and they may or may not charge you to do it.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,676Posts Today

6,647Users online

Martin's Twitter