Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bobcar
    • By bobcar 20th Jun 17, 10:15 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 3Thanks
    bobcar
    So many hair dyes which to go for?
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:15 AM
    So many hair dyes which to go for? 20th Jun 17 at 10:15 AM
    Hi there

My wife has started to go grey very minimally (around 5%), going to the hairdressers is no longer viable due to money . I wondered if anyone could recommend a brand and product type they use which they are happy with and or which ones are to be avoided. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Page 2
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 5th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 13,556 Posts
    • 23,054 Thanks
    pulliptears
    I tart my way through whatever dye is on offer, same with shampoo. However, I recently by coincidence bought a L'Oreal Dye and their colour preserving shampoo and conditioner.
    I have noticed that it's taking much longer to fade than usual so I might have stumbled on something that certainly works for me.
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• harrys nan
    • By harrys nan 5th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 1,448 Posts
    • 2,926 Thanks
    harrys nan
    Get her to have a look at your local college and see if they run a hairdressing course, much cheaper than a salon, but she will be in there for longer than a salon. Try for a level 3 trainee.
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Sep 17, 4:17 PM
    • 48,500 Posts
    • 178,464 Thanks
    beanielou
    John Freida foam is excellent.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • choille
    • By choille 21st Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 5,574 Posts
    • 27,181 Thanks
    choille
    My Oh applies my dye - Nice & easy - I only dye the grey bits - temples, and a few streaks here & there. In between I use root touch up and my hair looks naturally dark blonde - which it is but now with less grey. I think if you only apply it where it's needed and don't go slapping it all over it looks much more natural than one slab of colour that looks dull.

I haven't been to a hairdresser in over twenty years and must have saved a fortune.
    • so very confused
    • By so very confused 21st Oct 17, 7:45 PM
    • 930 Posts
    • 3,013 Thanks
    so very confused
    Another vote for Nice n easy, used to use loreal but found it didn't last very long.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,865Posts Today

9,183Users online

Martin's Twitter