Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,749Posts
    • 18,543Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 78
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 9th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    • 18,014 Posts
    • 45,894 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Good M&S haul Pollycat!

Dinner tonight is vegetable lasagne using up all the fridge bottom veg from last week, with green lentils in to provide protein. Garlic and oregano and the job's a good 'un.
    Originally posted by Gintotmelinda
    Thanks - I missed out chicken sandwiches and chicken & bacon sandwich on malted bread - 25p and 30p, we had those for lunch today.
    And we're having the squid as a starter tonight.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 9th Oct 17, 6:59 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 39,541 Thanks
    Frith
    Dahl from the freezer, mango chutney and a piece of bread!

Might make cakes for the Wales match just now.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • caronc
    • By caronc 9th Oct 17, 9:19 PM
    • 2,383 Posts
    • 15,788 Thanks
    caronc
    Easy one tray meal of chicken wings, baked spud and corn cobette
    June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £107/£200
    • BearPearSun
    • By BearPearSun 10th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    BearPearSun
    I'm trying out a lentil curry stew with lettuce cups and some avocado if they're ripe by this evening.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 10th Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 11,017 Posts
    • 152,285 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch today will be lentil, tomato and carrot soup followed by a fat free yoghurt and supper will be jacket potatoes with cheese and baked beans, stewed apple and plain skyr for pudding if wanted and our usual cup of black coffee to finish.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 10th Oct 17, 11:25 AM
    • 1,141 Posts
    • 5,954 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I ate so badly yesterday so I want a healthy meal for dinner tonight. I have some veggie chicken balls and I'm going to have them with steamed cauli, broc, peas, carrots and red onion gravy.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 10th Oct 17, 1:07 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 33,009 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    HM Jerk Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries and HM coleslaw here

Might make some cakes for menfolk or do my nails.... decisions, decisions
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

Sept GC £250/£0.00
    • beluga
    • By beluga 10th Oct 17, 2:49 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 5,086 Thanks
    beluga
    Slow cooker beef stew tonight - diced beef, carrots, swede, mushrooms and potatoes in gravy. I'll serve with some green beans or peas.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 10th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1,260 Posts
    • 3,175 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Going to make some fish tacos as my daughter has been wanting to try them for a fair while now.
    Hiraeth
    • Emm-in-a-pickle
    • By Emm-in-a-pickle 10th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 8,245 Thanks
    Emm-in-a-pickle
    Cheese & onion bread and butter pudding, using up a pack of garlic bread slices that I`d meant to use a couple of days ago, and a big (but lightly shaved to get to the white part!) lump of extra mature cheddar, and half a tin of `eazy onions`. Pint & half of full cream milk and 4 eggs (no sugar of course!) I`m letting it stand now to all soak in, then going to slice some tired tomatoes over the top and bake it.
    Will also use up some streaky bacon just crisp it up at the last minute.
    We`ve had sprouts for the last 3 suppers - I got exited as my magic greengrocer has sprouts on the stalk, so we`re having a night off greens!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Oct 17, 6:41 PM
    • 18,014 Posts
    • 45,894 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Slow cooker beef stew tonight - diced beef, carrots, swede, mushrooms and potatoes in gravy. I'll serve with some green beans or peas.
    Originally posted by beluga
    This sounds yummy.

Cheese & onion bread and butter pudding, using up a pack of garlic bread slices that I`d meant to use a couple of days ago, and a big (but lightly shaved to get to the white part!) lump of extra mature cheddar, and half a tin of `eazy onions`. Pint & half of full cream milk and 4 eggs (no sugar of course!) I`m letting it stand now to all soak in, then going to slice some tired tomatoes over the top and bake it.
    Will also use up some streaky bacon just crisp it up at the last minute.
    We`ve had sprouts for the last 3 suppers - I got exited as my magic greengrocer has sprouts on the stalk, so we`re having a night off greens!
    Originally posted by Emm-in-a-pickle
    And so does this.

Been out all day (since 08:30) seeing sis & Mum, then met OH in the pub for a couple of drinks.
    We were joined (without being asked) by a drunk who we knew slightly from many years ago who told us their tale of woe which was a bit tedious.
    On our way home for cooked roast chicken breast (thanks M&S for the bargain), new potatoes, Savoy cabbage, carrots & sprouts.
    It's my birthday (think of a Beatles song ) so I'll leave OH to cook & I'll lounge and catch up on TV.
    • katkin
    • By katkin 10th Oct 17, 6:59 PM
    • 573 Posts
    • 7,250 Thanks
    katkin
    The very last from a pork belly roast from Sunday made into a stir fry with any veg in the fridge with the bulk being shredded cabbage. My favourite veg! An easy, cheap meal.

Has anyone bought the new Markie meat box deal? £35. I went for it as I thought it worked out good value per kg for what you get:

2 sirlion steaks
    2 fillet steaks
    4 Aberdeen Angus beef burgers
    2 pks x 400g Aberdeen Angus steak mince
    4 loin lamb chops
    12 veal meatballs
    200g of beef steak strips
    2 pork sambucca (sp?) pork chops.

I reckon I can get 13 decent sized meat meals for 2 from that lot. Costing a lot less than my butcher order but then again he throws in freebies and does me unusual cuts when i ask ie oxtails.

Picked it up today and have frozen it. I'll see what the quality is like as its used and have a good think about the implications of not getting the majority of my meat from the local butcher who sources local.
    Last edited by katkin; 10-10-2017 at 7:02 PM.
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 10th Oct 17, 7:03 PM
    • 60,262 Posts
    • 352,088 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I finished off a big bag of chocolate fingers .... because ... I can, I'm cool, I'm single and cooking for one, so can "eat what I like", as they say

Chocolate fingers FTW.

Cheese & onion bread and butter pudding
    Originally posted by Emm-in-a-pickle
    I do a version of these sometimes to "use up" too many tomatoes ... which I've often got! I was going to do it this week, but never got round to buying milk.... and, by the time I remember, I'll be out of eggs - and then I'll be back to my usual position of still being an ingredient or 3 short I do "tiny ones" as it's just me.

I've got tons of onions and I've got cheese - and I'd eyed up the tomatoes a week ago and thought "you're going in ... soon" ... but not bought milk since the last week of September.
    Last edited by PasturesNew; 10-10-2017 at 7:11 PM.
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 10th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    creative gal
    Garlic and herb thin beefsteaks, parmentier (sp) potatoes and roasted Med veg for tea tonight.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 10th Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    • 2,383 Posts
    • 15,788 Thanks
    caronc
    Beef stew and mash both from the freezer
    June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £107/£200
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 11th Oct 17, 6:39 AM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 33,009 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Use up day today, loads of eggs and cheese in the fridge, so Spaghetti Carbonara for the men Cheese Omelette and salad for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

Sept GC £250/£0.00
    • BearPearSun
    • By BearPearSun 11th Oct 17, 7:00 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    BearPearSun
    Loaded nachos with Mexican quinoa 'meat'
    • katkin
    • By katkin 11th Oct 17, 7:26 AM
    • 573 Posts
    • 7,250 Thanks
    katkin
    Spaghetti with meatballs in homemade tomato sauce for dinner. Garlic bread for hubby and side plate of salad for me.

Working from home so I'll be treating myself to PN style fish fingers in a lettuce wrap ��

I've become very fond of skyr yoghurt so bound to have some with fresh blueberries at some point for a snack.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Oct 17, 8:21 AM
    • 11,017 Posts
    • 152,285 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Skyr is fab isn't it? it was the delight of breakfast when we were in Iceland this summer, huge unlimited bowls of it and loads of fresh fruit to top it with followed by a topping of Filmjolk ( translates as sour milk) which is a softly gentle 'almost' yoghurt but of a consistency similar to custard.....Ohhhhhhh yummy!

Lunch today will be more of the lentil, tomato and carrot soup with chicken for me and a ham sandwich for He Who Knows.

Supper this evening will be breaded lemon sole, mashed potatoes and peas with lemon and some tartare sauce. Blueberries and skyr for pudding, and a cup of black coffee to finish.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Oct 17, 8:54 AM
    • 18,014 Posts
    • 45,894 Thanks
    Pollycat
    YS M&S meatball marinara pizza.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

936Posts Today

7,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Friday Twitter poll: Fruit wars. If, for some bizarre reason, u had to give up 3 of these for life (in every form), what'd you keep?

• I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Follow Martin