Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,788Posts
    • 18,728Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 76
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 5th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 35,272 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight will be Steak Pie and Chips
    CURRENTLY READING THE LITTLE WEDDING SHOP BY THE SEA - JANE LINFOOT
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £135
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £590/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • beluga
    • By beluga 5th Oct 17, 4:54 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 5,095 Thanks
    beluga
    I had some rice leftover, so I got out some LO curry from the freezer. It turned out it wasn't a curry, but a rather disappointing bolognese that I had intended to make into a lasagne or something to make it more appealing. Ah well.
    • pajama
    • By pajama 5th Oct 17, 10:38 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 1,586 Thanks
    pajama
    Today friends bought me lunch so was not hungry for much this evening so just had a fish finger sandwich.

Hubby had left over mince & onion pie from the frezer with mash, steamed carrots, broccoli and peas
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 5th Oct 17, 10:51 PM
    • 60,951 Posts
    • 356,006 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I've had a right scoffathon today, which included a running foodfest of:

Toast.
    A faux Marathon bar
    A sponge pudding
    2 hot sausage rolls
    Cheeseburger with chips.

Healthy? There was a tiny bit of zest in that sponge pudding (probably 2 pieces) .... and 1/100th of a tomato in that ketchup.

Bovvered? What do you think?
    • katkin
    • By katkin 5th Oct 17, 11:47 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 7,265 Thanks
    katkin
    Tonight I am trying a recipe recommended by RedRuby in the daily thread - Summer in Winter Chicken - looks yummy

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1521/summerinwinter-chicken

I will serve with Cous Cous for the men and salad for me
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    Did a variation of this with a few bits of pepper and mushroom hanging around the fridge added and served with the end of a box of tri coloured pasta. Delicious.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 6th Oct 17, 7:20 AM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 34,136 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Did a variation of this with a few bits of pepper and mushroom hanging around the fridge added and served with the end of a box of tri coloured pasta. Delicious.
    Originally posted by katkin
    I added a sad looking Pepper too was tasty, clean plates all round

Date Night tonight - we are out with friends to a local pub which has recently changed hands for a meal, good feedback on food, looking forward to it
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 6th Oct 17, 7:43 AM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 47,763 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Girly day out today, starting with breakfast and then lunch so will be a takeaway for OH as I doubt I'll be hungry.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 154,003 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Back from the last of the current round of Grandpickle sittings and determined to start on emptying the freezer and using up the store cupboard before we get to moving house.

Supper this evening will be steak pie using a tin of stewed steak and some frozen short crust pastry, mashed potato and steamed carrots and savoy cabbage along with some gravy. He Who Knows has asked for an apple crumble so I'll make one but with stevia not sugar to sweeten and with half crumble mix and half rolled oats on top.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • beluga
    • By beluga 6th Oct 17, 1:29 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 5,095 Thanks
    beluga
    Meeting friends later, so I'm having a lazy tea of oven chips, chicken dippers and baked beans.
    I've been shopping this morning so I'm off to do a meal plan for the week full of healthy and tasty meals
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 6th Oct 17, 3:45 PM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 35,272 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight is Sausage Casserole, Mashed Potato
    CURRENTLY READING THE LITTLE WEDDING SHOP BY THE SEA - JANE LINFOOT
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £135
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £590/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 6th Oct 17, 4:06 PM
    • 7,864 Posts
    • 26,691 Thanks
    Primrose
    Vegetable curry with a freebie donated butternut squash, potatoes and some tinned butter beans. Cheap meal. Butternut squash is so under-rated as a vegetable and you really don,t misss not having any meat in it.
    • drinkupretty
    • By drinkupretty 6th Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 6,639 Thanks
    drinkupretty
    veggy biriyani with bead and butter pudding for afters (good way to use up dry bread)
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    • Frith
    • By Frith 6th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 4,292 Posts
    • 40,004 Thanks
    Frith
    Ikea grains (glorified cous cous) with salmon parcels - fish topped with veg and a bit of sweet chilli sauce.

Fruit salad and yoghurt afterwards.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 6th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1,373 Posts
    • 5,823 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    sweet and sour quorm
    Downsized and mortgage free
    Dec 17 grocery challenge £89.65/ £120
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 6th Oct 17, 8:14 PM
    • 4,090 Posts
    • 47,969 Thanks
    Jazee
    We almost kept to our meal plan this week. It went awry when I got home much later than planned last night so we had a takeaway. Last night's chicken meal has become tonights dinner, and the duck stir fry will find its way on to next week's menu now.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20) December £355 Total £12694.84/£12000

• Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th Oct 17, 9:35 AM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 47,763 Thanks
    Pollycat
    A faux Marathon bar
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    A what?

Tonight will be a bought pepperoni pizza with the toppings taken off so I can add extra mozzarella and some goat's cheese I have lurking in the fridge, mushrooms, onions, peppers and some more pepperoni and herbs and some black olives.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 34,136 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Quarter pounder burgers from Aldi with fries, HM onion rings, brioche buns and HM coleslaw, no bun or fries for me

Lemon and ginger cheesecake thing for pud for those who want
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Oct 17, 3:11 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 154,003 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    We had home made baked bean soup and toast for lunch and supper tonight will be the other half of yesterdays pie with bubble and squeak from the leftover veg, some steamed savoy cabbage and gravy. Apple crumble and custard for pud if we want it and a cup of black coffee.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 7th Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    • 272 Posts
    • 1,766 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Tonight is Waitrose pizzas with extra cheese.

Last night we had meatballs in tomato sauce with penne and garlic bread. Haven't bought garlic bread in ages, forgot how much I love it!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in September 2017 - £29.31/£90 (2017 total - £164.27) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments in 2017 - £1063.78
    • beluga
    • By beluga 7th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 5,095 Thanks
    beluga
    I'm roasting a chicken and will serve with mashed carrot and swede, roasted baby potatoes, broccoli cheese and gravy.
    Leftovers for tomorrow, then the carcass with go in the slow cooker for stock then turned into soup. I'll make chicken fried rice with the leftover chicken.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,700Posts Today

7,599Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin