Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,790Posts
    • 18,750Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 75
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 3rd Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 10,043 Posts
    • 107,885 Thanks
    LameWolf
    We've just had fried eggs on toast, cooked by Mr LW; today has basically gone t*ts up, which left us running late, and me very stressed (and therefore feeling unwell) so he volunteered.
    We've yet to have dessert, which is HM choccie mousse that I managed to throw together this afternoon.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 3rd Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 18,012 Thanks
    caronc
    Cod and parsley sauce, mash, runner and broad beans
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 3rd Oct 17, 8:14 PM
    • 981 Posts
    • 11,887 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Dinner tonight was Hairy Bikers Spanish chicken without the chorizo. Served with rocket and parmesan dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was delish and I shall certainly be making it again.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • Frith
    • By Frith 3rd Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 40,060 Thanks
    Frith
    Braised beef with celery and carrots.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 4th Oct 17, 8:03 AM
    • 11,177 Posts
    • 154,026 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lunch today will be cheese on toast with a salad and supper this evening will be a veggie curry.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 4th Oct 17, 8:54 AM
    • 18,582 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Yesterday we had Youngs Gastro 'lightly dusted' fish in lemon & herb.
    I'm not a big fish fan but try to eat it once or twice a fortnight, this was really tasty. Served with buttered new potatoes and garden peas.

Tonight is a beef cottage pie base (from the freezer) with (for a change) sliced potato topping that I'll sprinkle with herbs and brush with olive oil. Served with savoy cabbage that I want to use up. And gravy.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 4th Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 4,165 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight we're having roast leg of pork with baby spuds, hm sage and onion stuffing, veg and gravy - leftover meat will be in a stir fry for tomorrow's dinner. For pud we have a tiny apple and sultana crumble each (ramekin sized) with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream.
    Last edited by hatful-of-hollow; 04-10-2017 at 4:36 PM.
    • pajama
    • By pajama 4th Oct 17, 12:40 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 1,586 Thanks
    pajama
    Last night we had cod on cheddar & chive mash with steamed peas and broccoli with a white wine & parsley sauce. Very tasty it was too.
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 4th Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 35,321 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight will be Chilli on Tortilla Chips and Soured Cream and Grated Cheese
    CURRENTLY READING THE LITTLE WEDDING SHOP BY THE SEA - JANE LINFOOT
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £155
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £590/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 4th Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 2,751 Posts
    • 2,096 Thanks
    BOBS
    All in one chilli chicken pasta - throw in one pot - middle of the week cop out.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 4th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 40,060 Thanks
    Frith
    Courgette carbonara. Never made a carbonara before!
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 4th Oct 17, 5:38 PM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 34,178 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Cheating tonight with a curry and rice from Iceland their Special Chicken Makhani is Lush and wayyyy cheaper than a takeaway - had a manic day, and guest due at 6:30 for a (hopefully) brief visit, so need something quick to stuff after they have gone
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • C J
    • By C J 4th Oct 17, 6:01 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 5,526 Thanks
    C J
    Home made spicy veg chilli with some rice, and a cheeky cornetto for pud!
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • caronc
    • By caronc 4th Oct 17, 7:45 PM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 18,012 Thanks
    caronc
    Jerk spiced chicken wings, baked mushroom & tomato, HM wedges
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • pajama
    • By pajama 4th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 1,586 Thanks
    pajama
    Chicken koftas, roasted peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion & olives. Rosemary and garlic wedges, flat breads and tzatziki. All homemade except the chicken koftas which were bought for a BBQ but were taking up valuble freezer room
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• JIL
    • By JIL 5th Oct 17, 1:01 AM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 18,750 Thanks
    JIL
    Back from Spain, so it was a quorn chilli from freezer topped with cheese.

Loved the food we had when in Spain, lots of fresh fish and salads that I will try and copy now I am home but it's looking like it should be stews and casseroles on the menu.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 5th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 18,582 Posts
    • 47,836 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Back from Spain, so it was a quorn chilli from freezer topped with cheese.

Loved the food we had when in Spain, lots of fresh fish and salads that I will try and copy now I am home but it's looking like it should be stews and casseroles on the menu.
    Originally posted by JIL
    Hope you had a great holiday.

We always come home from Greece fired up with menu ideas but the quality of our fruit & veg is sadly lacking compared to the fab tomatoes, aubergines, nectarines and cherries that we love over there.

Coincidentally, tonight I'm cooking a dish we had many years ago in Turkey, no menu - you just pointed to what you wanted in the hot cabinet.

We call it Turkish liver casserole/soup.
    Cubes of lamb's liver (that's why I like to buy liver in a lump rather than the slices you usually get in butchers) with green pepper, green chillies, chunks of potato, tin of chopped tomatoes, hot paprika, parsley, seasoning and enough stock to make it to the right consistency (thick soup or thin casserole) served in a bowl.

We serve it with thickly sliced fresh bread with butter.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 5th Oct 17, 9:42 AM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 34,178 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Tonight I am trying a recipe recommended by RedRuby in the daily thread - Summer in Winter Chicken - looks yummy

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1521/summerinwinter-chicken

I will serve with Cous Cous for the men and salad for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 5th Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    • 219 Posts
    • 4,165 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight's dinner will be stir fried LO pork with loads of veg and sweet and sour sauce, served with noodles.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 5th Oct 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,393 Posts
    • 4,180 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Chilli done in the slow cooker with stewing beef as opposed to mince.
    Hiraeth
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin