Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,610Posts
    • 17,996Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 24
    • gt568
    • By gt568 14th Jul 17, 12:16 PM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 2,260 Thanks
    gt568
    Kids want pizza and chips. Thought makes me want to boak.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 14th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 3,670 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We're having SC gammon ham with wedges and a fried egg tonight.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 14th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 38,248 Thanks
    Frith
    Cheese and pickle sandwiches and a banana!
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • caronc
    • By caronc 14th Jul 17, 7:16 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 12,460 Thanks
    caronc
    Herby pork chop and LO boiled Ayrshire tatties with broad & runner beans and courgette
    Mar GC £131/£150, April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £161/£170
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 14th Jul 17, 7:23 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 10,289 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    fish, new potatoes, mushy peas and salad. OH had Bakewell tart with cold custard.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • JIL
    • By JIL 14th Jul 17, 11:38 PM
    • 2,610 Posts
    • 17,996 Thanks
    JIL
    When I got in from work I was starving, so I had a slice of banana bread and some crisps and a caramel wafer. So I wasn't hungry. Husband had oven fish, chips and mushy peas.
    Later on I had a slice of cheese on toast.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Jul 17, 7:10 AM
    • 17,019 Posts
    • 42,952 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I'm going out for the day, having a wander round a few charity shops then meeting OH for a few drinks.

When we get off the bus home we'll pick up a takeaway of some description.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th Jul 17, 8:01 AM
    • 10,618 Posts
    • 147,844 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Omelettes and salad for lunch today as I have some eggs need to be used and supper this evening will be for me a beetroot, kale and quinoa burger and He Who Knows a quarter pounder beef burger in some brioche buns I got YS at the Co-Op with some sweet potato oven wedges made with oil spray. Usual yoghurt and some berries for pud and a cup of black coffee.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 15th Jul 17, 8:09 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 4,422 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    I’ve bought some sausages to make a toad in the hole with today. I will have that with some mixed veg and roast potatoes. Pudding will be either strawberries or raspberries with cream.

Lunch will be a sandwich of some sort but I’m not sure what yet. I will have a look at what needs using up.
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 15th Jul 17, 4:42 PM
    • 2,510 Posts
    • 33,788 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight is Beef Goulash with Tagliatelle
    CURRENTLY READING THE LITTLE COFFEE SHOP IN KABUL - DEBORAH RODRIGUEZ
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £65
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £430/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Jul 17, 4:52 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 31,982 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Steak with Asparagus wrapped in bacon tonight with wilted Spinach with nutmeg for me and jacket potato and salad for Hubs.

HM Lemon Curd Icecream for himself with HM meringue and some strawberries for me

Last edited by Islandmaid; 15-07-2017 at 8:20 PM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

July GC £250/£0.00
    • C J
    • By C J 15th Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    • 852 Posts
    • 5,040 Thanks
    C J
    Red peppers stuffed with mashed mixed tinned beans, saut!ed onion, garlic and tomato, herbs and grated cheese then oven roasted. Oh yes, and I added some grated courgettes to the mixture too as I have a bit of a glut!

For pud I've made a tray of lemon sponge, smothered it in thick cream and topped with rows of blueberries, sliced strawberries and kiwi fruit.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 15th Jul 17, 5:01 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Parents drove over for a visit with my sisters, so we had pub lunch out today. I figured we'd still be quite full up so we've got leftovers from last night's dinner - had a ready roasted chicken from Tesco, stripped all the meat off and we had it with freshly baked baguettes, a few McCain potato wedges, and a big green salad. Tonight I'll just have a chicken sandwich, DH might use the chicken to make a chicken salad, and I can cook some frozen sausage rolls if we want to fill in the gaps!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in August 2017 - £0/£93 (2017 total - £112.98) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments - £749.69
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 15th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Corned beef hash with cabbage for us tonight.
    • elf06
    • By elf06 15th Jul 17, 6:34 PM
    • 1,421 Posts
    • 14,386 Thanks
    elf06
    Baked pots for lunch today and a mishmash dinner tonight. Had s packet lurking in the cupboard (no idea how or why as I don't often buy them) of smoked paprika chicken - needs chicken and a yellow pepper that I don't have in so will be substituted for qc Turkey steaks and a wrinkly red pepper
    Emma

Aug GC - £1/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 0
    • caronc
    • By caronc 15th Jul 17, 7:35 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 12,460 Thanks
    caronc
    Southern Fried chicken, corn cob and HM wedges
    Mar GC £131/£150, April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £161/£170
    • Frith
    • By Frith 15th Jul 17, 9:30 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 38,248 Thanks
    Frith
    HM veg and lentil soup plus Jack Monroe's soda bread.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Jul 17, 7:35 AM
    • 10,618 Posts
    • 147,844 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Home made soup for lunch today with a couple of hard boiled eggs for me and a sandwich for He Who Knows and supper tonight will be some YS Pork Steaks which I'll bat out until they're flat and make schnitzles with them, we'll have them with new potatoes from the allotment and courgettes, green beans and cabbage from the garden. Mixed berries from various plots with 0%fat Greek yoghurt for pudding and a cup of black coffee too!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 16th Jul 17, 8:37 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 4,422 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    I'm going to use a turkey breast fillet and make a creamy mushroom and pepper sauce. I have an onion that needs using and some garlic and just enough cream left over from another dish that needs using up and have that with either pasta or rice.

Pudding will be a slice of bakewell cake.
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 16th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Today is a fend for yourself day, as there's all kinds of bits that need eating, but not enough to create a coherent meal for three. So, I have had a sausage sandwich for brunch and will have soup and a small portion of leftover risotto for tea. The current Mr Badger is having meatballs and chips for his tea, and has had cereal for both breakfast and lunch. The female offspring had a chicken and mushroom slice for breakfast, cereal for lunch and will have half a pizza for tea.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,759Posts Today

8,144Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin