Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,725Posts
    • 18,468Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 23
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 13th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    • 896 Posts
    • 7,256 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    I wasn't sure whether to have one of the two portions left over from the spaghetti and meatballs I made for dinner yesterday again today, or to freeze those and have something different. I've decided to go for the half way option.

As the meatballs and sauce are separate I'm going to have meatballs and spaghetti again today but make up a differenct sauce to go with them. I'm not sure what the sauce will be yet, but as I have a lot of mushrooms I think it will be something mushroom based
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 13th Jul 17, 8:04 AM
    • 15,231 Posts
    • 123,590 Thanks
    JackieO
    I shall be eating tonight what i should have had last night but didn't as I stayed at DDs for dinner so its Shepherd's Pie, cabbage etc and yogurt for pud
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • C J
    • By C J 13th Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    • 878 Posts
    • 5,199 Thanks
    C J
    Shepherd's pie for us tonight too. I made it with a sweet potato and carrot mash topping, and it's big enough for four portions so we'll finish it off tomorrow. Strawberries and cream for pud.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 13th Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 3,854 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We're having cheese on toast with a bit of salad for lunch and tonight it'll be fish fingers, beans and chips - something easy as I'll be painting again later.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Jul 17, 9:08 AM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 44,826 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I shall be eating tonight what i should have had last night but didn't as I stayed at DDs for dinner so its Shepherd's Pie, cabbage etc and yogurt for pud
    Originally posted by JackieO
    I'm into yogurt for breakfast or lunch.
    Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt with a mix of fruit (yesterday was nectarine & fresh pineapple, topped with honey (currently using orange blossom honey that a friend brought back from Greece) & finished with chopped Brazil nuts.
    Not checked calorie, fat or carb content as I want to continue enjoying it.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 13th Jul 17, 9:09 AM
    • 1,212 Posts
    • 3,107 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Made a big pot of cawl last night which will see me & my daughter through the next couple of days
    • elf06
    • By elf06 13th Jul 17, 12:36 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 15,128 Thanks
    elf06
    Dinner tonight will be a filled roll, crisps and some fruit with yog and honey as I'll be at work and DS will be at Grany's house.
    Emma

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 13th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    gonebust
    Hm Chinese tonight

Chow mien for sure and something with prawns , not 100% sure as yet, either braised or sweet and sour. Ok so it's braised prawns and I found some pork belly so doing that in hoisin sauce. Also plain boiled rice and some veggie pot sticker dumplings

A feast . But lots and lots of veggies
    Last edited by gonebust; 13-07-2017 at 3:08 PM. Reason: Decided what we were having
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 13th Jul 17, 2:08 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 5,817 Thanks
    MandM90
    I'm flying to Miami tomorrow (wooohoo) so to make sure I look EXTRA yummy in my bikini...we're ordering Chinese
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 2,231 Posts
    • 32,778 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Have an amazing time MandM

We are having a Mega Salad, Chicken, Bacon, Eggs, Cheese with a ton of Salad Veg - Yum....

Ate in the garden - flipping boiling hot here again
    Last edited by Islandmaid; 13-07-2017 at 6:12 PM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

Sept GC £250/£0.00
    • MsLdn
    • By MsLdn 13th Jul 17, 5:49 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    MsLdn
    Dinner tonight will be lentil & veg curry (basically dahl plus whatever veg needs using up and whatever spices I fancy) with basmati rice. Leftover curry will be blended to make soup for tomorrow's lunch.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 13th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    gonebust
    Dinner tonight will be lentil & veg curry (basically dahl plus whatever veg needs using up and whatever spices I fancy) with basmati rice. Leftover curry will be blended to make soup for tomorrow's lunch.
    Originally posted by MsLdn
    Sounds so scrummy. Can I come for lunch?
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 13th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 34,438 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight was Bonfire Night Bangers and Mash Pie
    CURRENTLY READING THE DEBT AND THE DOORMAT -
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £115
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £470/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 14th Jul 17, 7:11 AM
    • 4,021 Posts
    • 47,277 Thanks
    Jazee
    Tonight we're having burgers.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20) September £369.15 Total £8369.15/£12000

• Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 14th Jul 17, 7:12 AM
    • 896 Posts
    • 7,256 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Yesterday’s plan for using up one portion of leftover meatballs by making up a different sauce went out of the window when I had a bit of a bad day. So I froze one portion and will make and Italian sauce to go with them today, and will probably have some cheese sauce over the top if I CBA to make it, because I quite fancy that.

Lunch will be a sandwich of some sort but I’m not sure what yet. I will have a look at what needs using up.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Jul 17, 7:44 AM
    • 10,898 Posts
    • 151,144 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    He Who Knows has a packed lunch again he and his fishing friend are off again to play with the Carp!!! I will have a chicken salad for my lunch as I have some cooked chicken that is needing to be used up. Supper this evening is going to be some Moroccan Koftas that I found in the vegan wholefoods shop when I was in the city earlier this week with lemon dressed green beans and carrots and a nice cous-cous salad with dried fruit, and Moroccan spices through it. 99 calorie yoghurt if wanted and definitely a cup of black coffee to finish with.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Jul 17, 7:57 AM
    • 2,231 Posts
    • 32,778 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Date Night here, so no cooking for me

Will be making some Butter Pickles with Courgettes, as they are growing faster than we can eat them - will also pick and freeze coriander and basil before it 'bolts'.

Last edited by Islandmaid; 14-07-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

Sept GC £250/£0.00
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 14th Jul 17, 8:15 AM
    • 3,077 Posts
    • 27,013 Thanks
    maddiemay
    I had an IBS flare yesterday so dinner for me was a tin of soup, chicken and ham pie with veggies for OH, annoyed with myself as I burnt the top, first time reheating a pie in the Remoska, think it needed a foil hat, in my groggy state I just put a piece of silicon over it, live and learn

No idea about tonight,but going to town so might invest a lot of dish in some gorgeous fish from our premium fish shop. So expensive, but the quality is sublime, our end of week treat
    • elf06
    • By elf06 14th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 15,128 Thanks
    elf06
    Lunch today will be sarnies I think. Was meant to be baked pots but now have a green deals man coming at 12 to talk about my Windows and doors.
    Dinner tonight will be sc pea and ham soup that DS will be making. He's 10 and it's the holidays here so I've tasked him with cooking something once a week
    If I can give myself a shake (I've woken with a stinking cold) I might even make some rolls to go with the soup.
    Emma

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 14th Jul 17, 9:15 AM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 44,826 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I'm into yogurt for breakfast or lunch.
    Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt with a mix of fruit (yesterday was nectarine & fresh pineapple, topped with honey (currently using orange blossom honey that a friend brought back from Greece) & finished with chopped Brazil nuts.
    Not checked calorie, fat or carb content as I want to continue enjoying it.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    I posted a while ago about Rachel's organic yogurt - I found in a end-of-line, cheap freezer shop some ginger and lemon yogurt which was divine but have never seen it since anywhere.

Anyway, in the same shop yesterday, I found some......lemon and gin (yes, without the 'ger' ) yogurt.
    As I'm trying to cut down on my alcohol units, if I can't drink the stuff I'll eat it instead.
    Not low fat so I've not perused the back of the carton.
    Also same make in some low fat vanilla.
    Not tried it yet.

Dinner tonight is pie (meat & potato for me, steak & ale for OH), mash and beans for him and mushy peas for me.
    A bit of a slob tea, really.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,264Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin