Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,725Posts
    • 18,468Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 21
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 11th Jul 17, 7:42 AM
    • 10,898 Posts
    • 151,144 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    It's finally going to rain hoorah, poor garden is in real need and it's blessedly cooler here but not actually cold. Food today will be Lunch - soup and chicken for me, a sandwich for him and supper this evening will be some Haddock and cheese fish cakes YS the Co-Op with new potatoes from the allotment and peas served with tartare sauce and a wedge of lemon. 99 calorie yoghurt and a cup of black coffee to finish.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Jul 17, 8:16 AM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 44,826 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Forecast here is dire, rain all day and it's just started.

Cauliflower cheese tonight. I'll add onions and some Dijon mustard to the cheese sauce.
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 11th Jul 17, 8:29 AM
    • 896 Posts
    • 7,256 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Turkey goulash for dinner today, I've just got that out of the freezer, served with some salad that needs using up and new potatoes. I would like it with veg but must use up the last of the salad bits because they won't last past today.
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 11th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 34,438 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Dinner tonight is Greek Beef Stew with Orzo Pasta
    CURRENTLY READING THE DEBT AND THE DOORMAT -
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £115
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £470/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 11th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 3,854 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Just two of us for dinner as DS has gone to Cardiff to see Coldplay. Dug a homemade veggie quiche out of the freezer, which we'll have with salad and jersey royals. Plum crumble, also from the freezer, for pud.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 11th Jul 17, 11:49 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    gonebust
    Something with chicken as I just reached into the freezer and pulled out the first thing I came across

No idea as to what, maybe a chicken casserole with courgettes, tomatoes , aubergines, olives ?
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 11th Jul 17, 11:52 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 1,569 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Chicken, bacon and sweetcorn risotto for us tonight, served with a few salady bits that have been lurking in the fridge for a while now.
    • C J
    • By C J 11th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 878 Posts
    • 5,199 Thanks
    C J
    Still waiting for it to rain here, my veg garden wishes it would hurry up!

Lunch today was some homemade spicy butternut squash soup, and I have a pack of skinless boneless cod fillets defrosting for tonight's supper which will be cod in homemade parsley sauce with a little mashed potato and green veg of some kind. I still have rhubarb growing well, so have made a rhubarb and strawberry crumble (with added ground almonds and rolled oats in the crumble topping) for the next few nights' puds.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 11th Jul 17, 1:46 PM
    • 894 Posts
    • 11,018 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    HG broad beans and bacon dish with crème fraiche stirred in. Served on a bed of courgette noodles.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Jul 17, 1:51 PM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 44,826 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Dinner tonight is Greek Beef Stew with Orzo Pasta
    Originally posted by freespirit66
    Yum! Yum!

I do this with with lamb too.
    I used to bring packets of orzo back from Greece before it was readily available here.
    • Manxcottageonthehill
    • By Manxcottageonthehill 11th Jul 17, 2:06 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    Manxcottageonthehill
    Dinner tonight will be rubber chicken with tomato pesto and pasta. NomNom will be perfect after our cycle in probably the rain!
    Nessy x
    • gt568
    • By gt568 11th Jul 17, 4:39 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    gt568
    Sausages and something.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Witless
    • By Witless 11th Jul 17, 6:00 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Witless
    After a long day / short night yesterday (though well worth it if the end result matches the start made!) I'm beset by the onslaught of severe CBA: currently have a STRONG coffee or 3 and a cigarette or 4 - I think I might just have a bath (almost the only totally usable room in the house) and an early (VERY early) night.

Plans frequently change though - in a couple of hours I could be bouncing about like a demented Tigger.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 11th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 2,231 Posts
    • 32,778 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Fakeaway tonight here

Char Sui Style Pork Belly with Stirfry Veg for me and Vegetable Fried Rice for the men

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

Sept GC £250/£0.00
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Jul 17, 6:59 PM
    • 6,654 Posts
    • 47,158 Thanks
    kerri gt
    P*ssing down all day here too. Dinner tonight was quorn sausages in a brioche bun for OH and a burger in bun for me. I had baked peaches and meringue with cream for pud.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Any
    • By Any 11th Jul 17, 7:49 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 8,002 Thanks
    Any
    Forecast here is dire, rain all day and it's just started.

Cauliflower cheese tonight. I'll add onions and some Dijon mustard to the cheese sauce.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    We had mac&cheese, with cauli, bits of leftover bacon and mushrooms.
    Perfect meal for this sort of weather!
    • beluga
    • By beluga 11th Jul 17, 8:13 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 5,049 Thanks
    beluga
    Lots of work to do tonight, so dinner was toast with baked beans, scrambled eggs and a bit of chorizo. Lunch was instant noodles!
    I got back from a trip on Sunday night and not had chance to go shopping yet, but glad I have lots of food in the freezer / cupboards!
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 11th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    gonebust
    Wow

Well stretched page

Dinner turned into an extremely mild madras, just a half teaspoon of chilli ( extra hot) and no fresh chillies. Very tasty actually , more fragrant rather then hot. Just right for this weather
    • caronc
    • By caronc 11th Jul 17, 9:14 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 14,930 Thanks
    caronc
    A bung-it-together dinner of crispy chicken burger with LO spaghetti
    May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £108/£120, Sep GC £63/£120
    • JIL
    • By JIL 11th Jul 17, 10:51 PM
    • 2,725 Posts
    • 18,468 Thanks
    JIL
    Tuna pasta bake and garlic bread.

Quick and easy and enough left for tomorrow's lunch.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,264Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin