Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,683Posts
    • 18,325Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 19
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 8th Jul 17, 10:16 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 1,494 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Cheese and crackers here tonight. I am too hot and too tired to even have begun to contemplate anything more complicated.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 8th Jul 17, 11:09 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 18,325 Thanks
    JIL
    We went to a garden centre today and thought we would have a coffee, however when we were given the menu and caught sight of the food being served we decided to have lunch. I had an open prawn sandwich, which was very tasty. Husband has a steak and stilton ciabbatta which came with chips and salad and coleslaw. So we shared his chips.

So when dinner time arrived I decided to swap things round, I cooked the chicken I had got for tomorrow and made a few salads, a Greek salad, a couscous salad, a pasta salad and a potato salad. There was also a load of lettuce from the garden. A packet of seeds for 39p and we have had loads of lettuce so far. So it was help yourself to what you want.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 9th Jul 17, 7:49 AM
    • 17,353 Posts
    • 44,210 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Today will be home-made moussaka (I've been making this for over 40 years) with Greek salad.
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 9th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    • 767 Posts
    • 6,177 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Dinner tonight will be a home-made lasagne that I have just dug out of the freezer. I think it has been in there for about a year and was a left over portion from when I cooked it for my niece. I think it is ok, it certainly looks alright. I will serve that with some salad.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Jul 17, 8:30 AM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 32,586 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Back to work tomorrow after 12 days off So will makes soup for work lunches, Red pepper and tomato I think, might chuck some basil in as it's going mad in the garden. Might make some cake too for DH to take to work.

We are out to lunch with MIL, so dinner will be LO BBQ and salad
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

July GC £250/£0.00
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 9th Jul 17, 8:35 AM
    • 17,353 Posts
    • 44,210 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Back to work tomorrow after 12 days off So will makes soup for work lunches, Red pepper and tomato I think, might chuck some basil in as it's going mad in the garden. Might make some cake too for DH to take to work.

We are out to lunch with MIL, so dinner will be LO BBQ and salad
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    Basil ice cream?

http://www.simonhopkinson.tv/recipe/36/basil-ice-cream.aspx
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 9th Jul 17, 8:41 AM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 32,586 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    I'd love it - but I can imagine Hubby's face when he tucks in
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

July GC £250/£0.00
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 9th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 3,790 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Off to do the weekly food shop this morning. Really fancy roast chicken tonight - maybe with salad, or maybe with veg and gravy - haven't decided yet. No doubt some fresh fruit for pud.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 9th Jul 17, 9:11 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    gonebust
    Dinner last night after all the deliberating, was SFA

I noticed pollycat was letting the side down with her alcohol consumption, so took up the baton and drunk her allowance as well as my own

Guess who was put to bed and guess who's feeling extremely fragile this morning?

And whilst I feel starved, there is no way I can look at food
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 9th Jul 17, 9:32 AM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 47,176 Thanks
    Jazee
    Dinner last night ended up being a slice of lemon drizzle cake as DH fell asleep. He will be cooking the duck stirfry today. For breakfast I've just had a fried egg bap.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20) August £419.52 Total £7419.52/£12000

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Jul 17, 10:28 AM
    • 10,754 Posts
    • 149,536 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    No cooking here today, it's already cooked and far too hot to do any cooking anyway so lunch today will be some cold crustless quiche with a salad and some nice olives I got much reduced yesterday and supper will be a chickpea and potato curry I made last night with rice and chopped tomato, onion and chopped fresh coriander on the top, blackberries and %fat Greek yoghurt for pudding.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • gt568
    • By gt568 9th Jul 17, 11:13 AM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 2,317 Thanks
    gt568
    Leftover burgers and sausages.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 9th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 47,113 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Dinner last night after all the deliberating, was SFA

I noticed pollycat was letting the side down with her alcohol consumption, so took up the baton and drunk her allowance as well as my own

Guess who was put to bed and guess who's feeling extremely fragile this morning?

And whilst I feel starved, there is no way I can look at food
    Originally posted by gonebust
    SFA?

Well at least you got your 5-a-day with the vino consumption.

Not sure what today will be, last night ended up being rumbledethumps and corned been for me, I have the same LO in the friedge so might be that.

First jobs this morning were putting OH LO chips from last night in the food recycling and clearing up cat sick under the dining table...gosh I'm a lucky lucky girl.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• 2childmum
    • By 2childmum 9th Jul 17, 4:02 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 2,163 Thanks
    2childmum
    There is only hubby and me tonight as DS as gone on chapel choir tour to Germany. He was excited to be awarded a chapel choir scholarship at uni, for the princely sum of £300 for the whole year. By the time he has paid for flights, hostel accommodation and food that will be the £300 spent!! But he loves singing and would have done it for nought at the end of the day. DD has a church youth event including dinner, so that only leaves us two. Thankfully I have a mediterranean lasagne in the freezer which will do the two of us with some salad, so beyond chucking it in the oven there isn't really any cooking to do tonight.

I need to plan next week, with several family members in and out and DH starting his new job tomorrow!!!! There is a canteen at work so he is going to check that out, so I don't need to provide a packed lunch. He is going to see what the prices are like, and if not too bad will probably eat there at least a couple of times a week.
    May spend - £291.40/£320.00
    June spend - £106.40/£320.00
    • Ballymackeonan
    • By Ballymackeonan 9th Jul 17, 4:12 PM
    • 601 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    Ballymackeonan
    Veggie friends coming tonight, so it's my crustless quiche - Roquefort and walnut - with salads and home made cheesy soda bread, fruit for afters!
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 9th Jul 17, 5:43 PM
    • 861 Posts
    • 10,685 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Chilli con carne from the slow cooker with green vegetables for me and added rice for DH.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • caronc
    • By caronc 9th Jul 17, 5:50 PM
    • 2,051 Posts
    • 13,920 Thanks
    caronc
    Rump steak, mushroom & peppercorn sauce, savoy cabbage and steamed charlotte potatoes
    April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £89/£120
    • dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 9th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 1,494 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Beef stew and dumplings, with cabbage and peas.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 9th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 47,113 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Beef stew and dumplings, with cabbage and peas.
    Originally posted by dangerbadger
    Jeez, I love that kind of meal but couldn't face it in this heat, hall thermostat still reading 26 degrees now

I haven't worn trousers for about a month now and am really starting to love this weather, although could do with the nights being a tiny bit cooler on occasion.

So tonight was southern coated Basa fillets, with beans for OH and peas and salad for me. Well when I say salad, some lettuce and a tomato. I'm away with work later this week so using up stuff I know OH won't eat.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dangerbadger
    • By dangerbadger 9th Jul 17, 11:05 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 1,494 Thanks
    dangerbadger
    Jeez, I love that kind of meal but couldn't face it in this heat, hall thermostat still reading 26 degrees now
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Yeah, it wasn't what I especially wanted, but due to a combination of very little money and poor planning, there really was no other choice tonight. Luckily it was just leftovers, so took just minutes to microwave as I'm not sure I could have coped if the oven had had to be on!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

71Posts Today

2,446Users online

Martin's Twitter