Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,678Posts
    • 18,307Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 17
    • Any
    • By Any 5th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 8,002 Thanks
    Any
    Mr A cooking today his famous spaghetti carbonara. The eggs for this were literally just collected from the hens I am looking after for our neighbours!!
    Yum yum
    • caronc
    • By caronc 5th Jul 17, 9:00 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 13,895 Thanks
    caronc
    Not posted for a few days as dinner has been mainly using up LO from a BBQ on Saturday!

Tonight: Baked cod with tomato. homegrown courgette and wedges
    April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £89/£120
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 5th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 6,643 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I really fancy some kind of meaty pasta sauce tomorrow, not sure how that will work with OH being veggie, I have an ostrich burger in the freezer which was a bit bland cooked as it was so I'm thinking of desconsructing it into mince....ohhh...with courgetti spaghetti perhaps....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 6th Jul 17, 7:39 AM
    • 10,750 Posts
    • 149,477 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    today lunch will be some falafels with reduced fat hummus, gherkins, ripe tomatoes, olives, fresh courgette slices and bread for He Who Knows not me.

Supper tonight will be pasta with low fat soft cheese and oil spray fried courgettes with masses of garlic, fresh basil and black pepper along with a salad as we've got a small courgette glut to dispose of. Still have some fruit salad left so pud will be that with 0% Greek yoghurt.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 6th Jul 17, 7:54 AM
    • 763 Posts
    • 6,136 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Lunch will just be a sandwich of some sort with a side salad.

Dinner will be haddock in a tomato and sweet pepper sauce with new potatoes and steamed veg. Pudding will be a slice of lemon tart. I have a lot of lemons to use up and not a lot of room in the freezer so decided that that is a fairly light tangy dessert for this weather.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 6th Jul 17, 7:57 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    gonebust
    Mmm courgettes, I'm really beginning to like them myself. Had them last night with mange tout from the garden and peas, tossed in butter garlic and rosemary Very nice

I wouldn't eat them for years because of terrible memories of over cooked marrow as a child

Tonight it's BBQ chicken drumsticks, salads ( whatever I can throw together) and jckt spuds. Seeing as it's lashing down I think it's safe to say chicken is going to be oven baked
    • DaniS
    • By DaniS 6th Jul 17, 8:17 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    DaniS
    Lunch today will be leftover risotto for me and pesto pasta for my little boy before he goes off to the childminder for his second settling in session.

Dinner tonight is roast pork (from freezer), mash, roasties, veg and stuffing. Pudding will be banana loaf cake or sorbet. Despite the weather being warm and muggy, I do still love me a midweek gravy dinner
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 6th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 1,247 Posts
    • 5,711 Thanks
    MandM90
    Last night we had mushroom spaghetti: I saut!ed a shallot, garlic, mushrooms and herbs in a glass of red wine (from freezer!) and a tin of plum tomatoes. Once reduced, it was beautifully rich.

Tonight we're taking DD to look around a local school so maybe beans on toast or veggie burgers and salad.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 6th Jul 17, 6:49 PM
    • 2,206 Posts
    • 32,566 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Boiling hot here again today...

Made a Spanish Chicken and Chorizo 'stew' wanted something quick and easy to make - I had it with a few herbs, Hubby used up the LO flatbreads from yesterday

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

July GC £250/£0.00
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 6th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 6,643 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Still 31 degrees here ATM, hot hot hot. I ended up with a cheese and spinach omelette and salad, followed by Eton mess for pud.

Last edited by kerri gt; 06-07-2017 at 8:04 PM.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    • By caronc 6th Jul 17, 8:42 PM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 13,895 Thanks
    caronc
    Turkey breast steak baked in foil with courgette, mushrooms and yellow pepper with a baked spud
    April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £89/£120
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 6th Jul 17, 9:05 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 10,682 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Hg broad beans cooked with bacon,garlic, crème fresh and parmesan. Served with courgette and fresh parsley. DH quite impressed with first go with spiraliser. Super quick to make too.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • JIL
    • By JIL 6th Jul 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,678 Posts
    • 18,307 Thanks
    JIL
    Just two of us tonight so we had salad again.
    With ham, boiled eggs, tinned tuna for me. A large jacket potato done in the microwave and we had a half each.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    • 10,750 Posts
    • 149,477 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    I've got some cauliflower cheese soup simmering on the hob as I type for lunches for the next few days, I'll serve it at room temperature in this heat, mine with some cooked chicken and he Who Knows will have a sandwich with his.

Supper tonight will be 'use up' so we're having some home made coleslaw from a giant 4kg cabbage I harvested from the polytunnel on Monday as it had split, some already cooked jacket potatoes that will be reheated and I'll make a crustless quiche to use up the last slice of ham and the tail end of a pack of cheese from the fridge. A fat free yoghurt for pudding and a cup of black coffee to finish with.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Jul 17, 9:19 AM
    • 2,206 Posts
    • 32,566 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Date Night tonight

We are awaiting a delivery of fresh caught Mackerel - BBQ'd Mackerel and salad - got to keep it simple when it's that fresh.

Might smoke some too if there are enough
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

July GC £250/£0.00
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Jul 17, 9:41 AM
    • 6,643 Posts
    • 47,106 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Absolutely no idea as yet - its sooooo hot atm but at least my headache from the pressure yesterday seems to have eased a bit - really need it to thunder just to lift it a bit.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 7th Jul 17, 10:29 AM
    • 763 Posts
    • 6,136 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    I had Greek yoghurt and berries for breakfast. Too hot for anything else.

Lunch will be a sandwich of some sort if I am hungry.

Dinner is a grilled lamb rump steak with salad. Far too hot here to have anything other than the grill on for a short time. Pudding will be a slice of cake from the freezer.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 7th Jul 17, 11:52 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 3,790 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We had a fruit/oats/spinach smoothie for breakfast. Lunch is a bacon baguette and tonight we're having a treat of sirloin steak, chips, onion rings, roasted tomatoes, peas, grilled mushrooms and peppercorn sauce.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 7th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    gonebust
    Friday night is curry night

Only have mince in the fridge so a nice easy peasey keema curry. It beef mince not lamb but wth
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 7th Jul 17, 1:10 PM
    • 790 Posts
    • 3,824 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I will probably just have a Quorn chicken fillet with a big salad and maybe make some garlic bread as I have half a leftover baguette in the freezer.

Last night we had mushroom spaghetti: I saut!ed a shallot, garlic, mushrooms and herbs in a glass of red wine (from freezer!) and a tin of plum tomatoes. Once reduced, it was beautifully rich.
    Originally posted by MandM90
    Mmm, sounds nice, I might make that when the weather cools down.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

333Posts Today

1,921Users online

Martin's Twitter