Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,788Posts
    • 18,728Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 111
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 6th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,391 Thanks
    kerri gt
    OH had banana on toast as I was still on calls when he got in.
    I had some pasta mixed with a few halved LO tomatoes and grilled a burger I'd defrosted and chopped that in it. Inexpensive (pasta is aeons old from when Asda sold off lots of end of line stuff - it's the kids size and OH doesn't like it much so I just use it up as and when, it's also good for pasta salad) Managed to have two portions LO too so they're in the freezer.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 6th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 4,143 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Breakfast for dinner here too! As we just had this last week we tweaked it ...although we all love it so any way it comes is always a winner.

Bacon medallions, ys sausages, mushrooms, plum toms, scrambled eggs and spinach. Last of the leftover burger rolls (from the chicken burgers) for ds and a wrap for hubby.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 6th Dec 17, 9:07 PM
    • 2,763 Posts
    • 17,848 Thanks
    caronc
    Chicken pie, roast spuds and baked mushrooms
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Dec 17, 7:46 AM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 34,136 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Full on roast Pork today with all the trimmings, the kids are coming over with their OHís so looking forward to a good catchup.

Chocolate Fondants for pud as I can make the batter before and they only take 10 mins to cook
    Last edited by Islandmaid; 07-12-2017 at 8:14 PM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th Dec 17, 8:07 AM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 47,763 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Yesterday we had chicken thighs with chestnut mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and aubergine in the slow cooker.

Am not sure yet what today will bring, I'm not going shopping in the rain so it might be something out of the freezer.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 7th Dec 17, 9:17 AM
    • 10,083 Posts
    • 24,860 Thanks
    suki1964
    Last night was chicken goujons , jacket spud and salad

Tonight is cottage pie and beans as the weather has turned for the worse
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it

still singing, loud and clear
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th Dec 17, 1:01 PM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 47,763 Thanks
    Pollycat
    OH has been shopping so we're having belly pork (out of the freezer), stuffing, new potatoes, carrots, white cabbage and green beans.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 7th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,161 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch today was hm leek and potato soup and dinner tonight will be keema curry in a jacket spud.
    • kettymerry34
    • By kettymerry34 7th Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    kettymerry34
    I am making tacos for tonight! there s recipe:
    INGREDIENTS
    1 medium onion, cut into wedges, keeping root intact
    2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
    1 tablespoon cumin seeds, coarsely crushed
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    8 corn tortillas, warmed (for serving)
    2 avocados, sliced (for serving)
    Charred Tomatillo Salsa Verde (for serving)
    Cilantro sprigs, sliced radishes, and lime wedges (for serving)
    PREPARATION
    Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss onion, garlic, chicken, cumin, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill onion and chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
    Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with tortillas, avocados, Charred Tomatillo Salsa Verde, cilantro, radishes, and lime wedges.
    Keep rolling rocking!
    • dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 7th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 4,143 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Slow cooker chicken tacos. Cooked in a tin of toms with chilli and cumin then shredded. Served with lettuce, sweetcorn, sour cream and whatever cheese we have grated to sprinkle on the top.

Ys crumpets (13p) with jam and sliced ys strawberries (3p) to enjoy mid evening too.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 4,292 Posts
    • 40,004 Thanks
    Frith
    Pizza tonight - son’s assessed cookery project at school so the dough had risen perfectly, rich tomato sauce etc! Had with chips and beans.

Raspberry Eton Mess for pudding.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Dec 17, 10:14 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,391 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Drunken noodles with tiger prawns for me tonight....one of the great meals I got from Cook! When they had 15% off

http://www.cookfood.net/menu/ranges/thai/Drunken-Noodles

Given I pulled a 12hr day at work I was glad not to have to cook.
    Slice (large) of stollen for pud.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Itisme
    • By Itisme 8th Dec 17, 4:12 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Itisme
    Last night had pie and veg (glad I had the veg too as was use by today).
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 8th Dec 17, 8:00 AM
    • 2,417 Posts
    • 34,136 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Eldests GF has a really important interview today, so am making her choice of dinner tonight to celebrate or commiserate - Beef Stew and dumplings, chocolate brownies and Icecream for pud - not too filling hey.... I will just stick with thenstew - at least it clears some veg and uses up the last bit of brisket in the freezer
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 8th Dec 17, 8:38 AM
    • 60,951 Posts
    • 356,008 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I chucked some lean steak cubes into the SC with curry paste, 2 peppers, an onion and tomato juice.

Will serve with basmati.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 8th Dec 17, 8:53 AM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 47,763 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Last night had pie and veg (glad I had the veg too as was use by today).
    Originally posted by Itisme
    Do you always take notice of 'use by' dates?
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 8th Dec 17, 11:00 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,161 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch today is more soup from the freezer, this time it's tomato and basil. Tonight we're having a bit of a fridge clearance dinner: eggs, bacon and tomatoes with fried tinned new potatoes and baked beans.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 8th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,391 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Do you always take notice of 'use by' dates?
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    that's usually the cue for me to think about actually using something in this house

OH had Quorn nuggets and chips, I had some LO pasta that I'd popped in the freezer when I got in...actually I had both portions I'd boxed up
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 9th Dec 17, 7:59 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 4,143 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Friday - leftovers from Thursday with rice and refried beans as there are no more taco shells. Last of the satsumas/apples with a cuppa in the evening.

Today - Already working on cup 2 from the cafetiŤre. Must be the weekend!
    B/fast: Beans on toast for ds, porridge for everyone else.
    Lunch: Prawns out to make some special weekend sarnies with 'pink sauce'.
    Dinner: Hubby ds and dd will eat at an annual award ceremony/buffet for ds's weekend club. I'll just be having a diet coke because I'm heading straight on to my work bash at a lovely local hotel from there.

Happy Saturday!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 9th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,391 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Chickpea and lentil vegetable curry from Cook! With hm flatbreads from the freezer store. Yum! Might do a chilli for tomorrow later.
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,741Posts Today

6,897Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin