Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,789Posts
    • 18,744Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 108
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 1st Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 980 Posts
    • 11,876 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Fish, chips and mushy peas.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 1st Dec 17, 6:22 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 5,192 Thanks
    Cappella
    Curried tinned fish with rice and salad. Chopped fresh pear with yogurt, honey and walnuts.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 1st Dec 17, 8:14 PM
    • 18,571 Posts
    • 47,816 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Originally posted by Gintotmelinda
    As is only right and proper on a Friday evening.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 1st Dec 17, 8:16 PM
    • 2,790 Posts
    • 17,987 Thanks
    caronc
    Sausages, mushrooms, root veg mash and gravy
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 1st Dec 17, 8:16 PM
    • 6,752 Posts
    • 47,411 Thanks
    kerri gt
    met a friend for lunch and had pizza with caramelised onions and goats cheese so really not hungry tonight. Cup of tea most likely.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 1st Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 4,151 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Soup from the freezer and our first batch of mincemeat tarts.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 1st Dec 17, 10:12 PM
    • 1,341 Posts
    • 7,508 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    Originally posted by Gintotmelinda
    As is only right and proper on a Friday evening.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    That is funny as I was thinking last night that I remember my Mum and Dad used to get fish and chips on a Thursday night and we used to watch Top of the Pops.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 2nd Dec 17, 8:15 AM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 34,168 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Not sure how many we have for dinner tonight, between 3 and 5, depends if DD and her BF make it over, so I am making a Lamb Tagine with a half leg of lamb from freezer stash, it will also use up a couple of tins of chickpeas that appear to be multiplying in the cupboard and the last of the pickled lemons in the fridge - served with Cous Cous and HM flatbreads - any leftovers will become work lunches
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 2nd Dec 17, 8:16 AM
    • 18,571 Posts
    • 47,816 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Corned beef hash last night was yummy.

Out all day today so will pick up a takeaway on our way home.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 2nd Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,162 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Today's menu: Lunch is beans on toast and dinner will be hm chicken curry (from the freezer), with brown rice and maybe some bombay potatoes. I have several tins of new potatoes in the cupboard and they're ideal for this.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 2nd Dec 17, 11:39 AM
    • 6,752 Posts
    • 47,411 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Think OH is veering towards a quorn cottage pie that's in the freezer. If he has that I'll prob have a portion of lamb casserole from the freezer and then perhaps make some additional mash for us both.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Tiglath
    • By Tiglath 2nd Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 3,502 Posts
    • 11,374 Thanks
    Tiglath
    It's a cooking day here. Got a pot of potato and leek soup on the go. Doing shakshouka for lunch, spanakopita for dinner, and a crustless veggie quiche for work breakfasts. DH is keeping out of the way and cleaning the kitchen as I go.
    "Those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. Somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light, is you ó the thing that makes you unique and human." ~ Dr. Jenner, The Walking Dead
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 2nd Dec 17, 3:10 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 5,192 Thanks
    Cappella
    Scrambled eggs and smoked trout (small remnant which has surfaced from the depths of the freezer) on toast, fresh fruit and yogurt for pudding.
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 2nd Dec 17, 4:21 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 1,776 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Lasagne! First time in years so I hope I can do the cheese sauce right. Either way it should be tasty!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in September 2017 - £29.31/£90 (2017 total - £164.27) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments in 2017 - £1063.78
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 2nd Dec 17, 5:12 PM
    • 980 Posts
    • 11,876 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Pie, mash and peas with lashings of gravy.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 2nd Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 10,036 Posts
    • 107,820 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I'm unwell today (again) so Mr LW has volunteered to do his famous Omelette With Everything.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 2nd Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 12,169 Posts
    • 35,716 Thanks
    Nelski
    HM chicken tikka masala nan bread and spicy onions
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 2nd Dec 17, 5:38 PM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 34,168 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Lamewolf hope you feel better soon x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 2nd Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 4,151 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Love a good lasagne! Hope you're feeling better again soon too Mrs LW. x

Breakfast: Pot of coffee and cornflakes with a satsuma
    Lunch: Egg rolls with some crisps for ds. Sultanas and cashews to nibble on afterwards.
    Dinner: Chicken hot dogs with a little hm chilli from he freezer for ds, dd and hubby. Sprinkled with some fresh onion and grated cheese. I had some carrot soup. 1p for bag of carrots on Thursday = soup win.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 2nd Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    • 10,036 Posts
    • 107,820 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Thank you Islandmaid and dingdongsaving; it's nothing that lupus going into remission (pretty please??) and someone hoiking the ruddy great BD out of my life won't cure.

If Mr LW is able to get some delicious unpasteurised cream at tomorrow's farmers market, I'll make a cheese, tomato, onion and Qu0rn quiche for tomorrow's dins; otherwise it'll be veggie toad-in-the-hole with Marmite gravy.
    It all depends if Angela Jane (the cream lady) attends, as it's also the Olney Dickens Fair, and some stallholders don't go when that's on.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin