Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,788Posts
    • 18,728Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 107
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 29th Nov 17, 4:27 PM
    • 18,551 Posts
    • 47,769 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I'm just about to start cooking 'spicy fried potato curry with paneer cheese and peas' (Rick Stein's recipe).

Or maybe more accurately 'aloo matar paneer masala'.

New recipe for me.
    Might have to text OH to call for a takeaway if it all goes awry.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 29th Nov 17, 6:03 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,395 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Green thai curry tonight with butternut squash and quorn in it. Served with rice. I've got a tub of paste that has lasted (bb was 2015) - one scoop left for another curry then i might need to invest in another.

Bought some Stilton and rosemary vegetable crisps earlier from L!dl but not sure I 100% am keen on them, then made myself feel rather sick pigging 75% of the bag
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 29th Nov 17, 7:10 PM
    • 373 Posts
    • 4,144 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Tuna and tomato pasta bake with lots of cheese.

Sooooo chilly! Def. a pasta bake, blanket & cuppa type of evening.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 29th Nov 17, 7:44 PM
    • 2,768 Posts
    • 17,866 Thanks
    caronc
    Smoked haddock fishcake, oven chips, peas and broad beans.
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • kboss2010
    • By kboss2010 29th Nov 17, 9:37 PM
    • 1,036 Posts
    • 7,917 Thanks
    kboss2010
    Mince & tatties :-)
    "I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum
    'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. Tapping

I'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there
    ~ Lifehouse
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 29th Nov 17, 11:10 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 5,190 Thanks
    Cappella
    Butchers low fat sausages, baked tomatoes, mushrooms and oven Ďfriedí potatoes. Stewed apples and custard. Not impressed with the sausages, will not be buying anymore. They tasted ok but were very tough to cut and had a very strange texture.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 30th Nov 17, 12:45 AM
    • 2,788 Posts
    • 18,728 Thanks
    JIL
    Tonight I made vege toad in the hole and husband had a pork chop. Served with mash, parsnips, carrots ( served whole simmered slowly for 40 mins tom kerrigeish style, trying to decide a Christmas dinner style) broccoli and sprouts.

I was reading the thread about what we used to eat and I remembered my dad would make the yorkshire pudding batter in a jug, when he had poured the batter into the tins and there was just the remnants of the batter around the side of the jug and the bottom, he would use this to make gravy.
    So that's what I did, poured on hot water and gravy granules and mixed and then wished I hadn't, was it really that bad? I ended up sieving out the lumps and adding more water and granules, just to make it edible.
    Last edited by JIL; 30-11-2017 at 12:47 AM.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 30th Nov 17, 7:52 AM
    • 2,418 Posts
    • 34,137 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Gammon Steaks from the freezer stash with egg and chips - salad for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 30th Nov 17, 8:33 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,161 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    BLT baguette for lunch and tonight's dinner will be hm chicken and mushroom pie with a jacket potato, peas and sweetcorn.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 30th Nov 17, 9:19 AM
    • 18,551 Posts
    • 47,769 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Really enjoyed the afore-mentioned paneer curry.

Tonight will be home-made burgers.
    I have 2 different sorts already mixed (but not pressed) in the freezer.
    Both beef mince (5% fat) but one with Dijon mustard & oregano and one with horseradish & mixed herbs.
    It depends which bag I find first.

Will serve on a bun (it's the only time we eat white bread as OH insists burgers have to be on those white pre-sliced buns) with sliced tomato and gherkin and home-made wedges.

Just bought a new non-stick Prestige large roasting tin that I'm using for my wedges - it's fab!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 30th Nov 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4,293 Posts
    • 40,013 Thanks
    Frith
    Burritos with chicken, onion, pepper, cous cous and salsa. Then blackcurrant flan left over from yesterday with double cream.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • caronc
    • By caronc 30th Nov 17, 7:38 PM
    • 2,768 Posts
    • 17,866 Thanks
    caronc
    Haggis, neeps and tatties
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 30th Nov 17, 8:05 PM
    • 373 Posts
    • 4,144 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    Using up leftover bits from the fridge/meals so far this week.

Bacon medallions, mushrooms, plum tomatoes and poached eggs for hubby and I...with 1 wrap and 1 sandwich thin on the side.

Leftover tuna and tomato pasta from last night for ds.

Leftover pasta cooked for lunches during the week with some ham and cheese for dd.
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 30th Nov 17, 8:17 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 5,190 Thanks
    Cappella
    Home-made fishcakes, mushy peas, carrots. Stewed apple and blackcurrants and custard.
    A large pot of tea afterwards.
    • gt568
    • By gt568 1st Dec 17, 9:19 AM
    • 1,624 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    gt568
    Chipolatas, new pots, veg.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 1st Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 2,418 Posts
    • 34,137 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Caronc Thanks for the Haggis idea, we have some in the freezer - just the weather for Haggis, Tatties and Neeps thatís Sunday lunch sorted...

Today, no idea, Date Night so Hubby is in charge

Hope you are all keeping warm x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 1st Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 6,517 Thanks
    MandM90
    Nothing tonight - out in London, and tomorrow night we're all out too. But tomorrow morning I think I'm going to whip up a spiced carrot soup, and a big lentil shepherdless pie, to see us through the weekend and some of the week. also have HM rhubarb compote jarred in the fridge so was thinking upside down rhubarb cake to slice and freeze for DH's lunches.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 1st Dec 17, 2:04 PM
    • 18,551 Posts
    • 47,769 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Corned beef hash - made in the slow cooker yesterday.
    I've put 4 extra portions in the freezer.

Will serve with Tiger bread, thickly cut and spread with real butter. It's a rare occasion that we use butter.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 1st Dec 17, 3:46 PM
    • 4,293 Posts
    • 40,013 Thanks
    Frith
    Pork loin chops with roast pots and sweet pots, carrots, purple sprouting, stuffing, gravy and apple sauce.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 1st Dec 17, 4:08 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,161 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We had roasted tomato and basil soup for lunch. Tonight's dinner will be a chicken stir fry and noodles.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter