Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    • 2,788Posts
    • 18,744Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner tonight?
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:15 AM
    What are you making for dinner tonight? 20th Jun 17 at 12:15 AM
    Am I imagining it?
    My post count has gone down significantly and this thread seems to have disappeared, is this a coincidence?

What's happened?
    Last edited by JIL; 20-06-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Page 106
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 27th Nov 17, 10:26 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 28,208 Thanks
    maddiemay
    This evening we ate butcher's sausage, creamed fatties, carrots, cabbage and gravy, it was so tasty. Might have been even better with onion gravy, but onions are off limits for me at present.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 28th Nov 17, 6:17 AM
    • 2,420 Posts
    • 34,146 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    HM Sweet and sour chicken tonight, rice for the men, salad for me

I have really run the freezer down, have a couple of small joints of meat to use, and 6 Steaks, and a fair amount of fresh frozen cod, bass and Pheasant. These will be used over next 10 days, then refill with (mostly) HM food for Xmas - can’t beleive it’s nearly December - where did the year go
    Last edited by Islandmaid; 28-11-2017 at 6:30 AM.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 28th Nov 17, 8:26 AM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 6,524 Thanks
    MandM90
    I have put bread on because I'm thinking either beans on toast, or spiced carrot/carrot and lentil soup (which I'll make in InstantPot). In fact, even if we have beans I'll make the soup because the carrots need using up.

I then have chickpea and sweet potato curry in the fridge for DH to have for lunch for the rest of the week. I have 2 portions of courgetti and lentil bolognese to eat, then will switch to soup. Can you tell I can't be bothered with cooking at the moment!?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 28th Nov 17, 8:57 AM
    • 18,563 Posts
    • 47,780 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Out all day so quick dinner of meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce with pasta.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 28th Nov 17, 8:58 AM
    • 1,392 Posts
    • 4,165 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Made a mammoth pot of Cawl last night for tonight & tomorrow which will be served with fresh crusty bread & strong cheddar.
    Hiraeth
    • Cappella
    • By Cappella 28th Nov 17, 1:13 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 5,191 Thanks
    Cappella
    Belly pork slices with apple sauce, mash, swede, leeks and dark cabbage greens. Stewed apple with yogurt, honey and walnuts for pud if weíre still hungry.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 28th Nov 17, 1:30 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,162 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight we're having roast chicken, with dauphinoise potatoes, french beans and carrots. I've also utilised the rest of the pot of cream and made a panna cotta each for pudding.... assuming they set in time.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 28th Nov 17, 3:37 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 28,208 Thanks
    maddiemay
    OH, who is in charge of veg stocks and the cooking thereof found a bag of tatties that he had forgotten, so mash last night, potato bolognaise bake tonight and I have baked a panful in the Remoska, just as well that he really loves spuds as he will be eating them for a while.

I am really wanting some rice pud and may go and make one with some lactose free milk. If I can persuade OH to peel some apples I will cook them lightly with some rasps that need eating to go with it. All I need now is some energy to do it!
    • Lance De Boils
    • By Lance De Boils 28th Nov 17, 6:12 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    Lance De Boils
    Roasted hasselback butternut squash with garlic butter. I didnt bother to peel it first. For me, butternut skin when roasted has a kind of toffee flavour.
    • Lance De Boils
    • By Lance De Boils 28th Nov 17, 6:28 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    Lance De Boils
    This evening we ate butcher's sausage, creamed fatties, carrots, cabbage and gravy, it was so tasty. Might have been even better with onion gravy, but onions are off limits for me at present.
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    Creamed fatties? Can we have the recipe please?
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 28th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 6,748 Posts
    • 47,406 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Scampi with beans and HM chips tonight here.

I need your help folks - I remember seeing a quote somewhere about not leaving things for 'best' and hiding them away in a cupboard but to use and enjoy them (I'm sure it mentioned burning the best candle or something) but can't for the life of me find it...any of you know what i'm talking about?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Lance De Boils
    • By Lance De Boils 28th Nov 17, 6:46 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    Lance De Boils
    Scampi with beans and HM chips tonight here.

I need your help folks - I remember seeing a quote somewhere about not leaving things for 'best' and hiding them away in a cupboard but to use and enjoy them (I'm sure it mentioned burning the best candle or something) but can't for the life of me find it...any of you know what i'm talking about?
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/49262-if-i-had-my-life-to-live-over-someone-asked
    • caronc
    • By caronc 28th Nov 17, 8:25 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 17,921 Thanks
    caronc
    Goulash soup with dumplings
    August £108/£120, Sep GC £121/£120, Oct GC £141/£200, Nov £116/£120, Dec £46/£60
    • dingdongsaving
    • By dingdongsaving 28th Nov 17, 8:38 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 4,150 Thanks
    dingdongsaving
    HM sweet and sour chicken and rice here too.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 28th Nov 17, 10:34 PM
    • 6,748 Posts
    • 47,406 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Oh thank you so much, that's the bit I remembered 'I would have burnt the pink candle that was sculptured like a rose before it melted while being stored.'

xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 29th Nov 17, 6:36 AM
    • 2,420 Posts
    • 34,146 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Mongolian Beef tonight - turning 2 cheapo Steaks into 3 huge meals - noodles for the men, Rocket salad for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

DECEMBER GC - not a bloomin clue - opting out of December as itís my 50th and i think once a half century itís okay not to mind - back in the saddle January
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 29th Nov 17, 9:57 AM
    • 7,871 Posts
    • 26,740 Thanks
    Primrose
    Something with gammon cooked yesterday in slow cooker,and lentil soup made from the delicious ham stock in which it was cooked.
    The birds will have some tasty food too from the gammon fat scraps which have been mixed with a few dried oats.
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 29th Nov 17, 10:20 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 4,162 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Tonight's dinner is jacket potato with cheese, home cooked ham, mushrooms and onion, with hm coleslaw and a green salad.
    • MandM90
    • By MandM90 29th Nov 17, 10:41 AM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 6,524 Thanks
    MandM90
    Have curry in fridge - chickpea and sweet potato - which I made on Monday night. Will just whip up some rice in the Instant Pot and that's us done.

Lunch will be courgetti with a lentil, olive and aubergine sauce.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Marriages & Family,
    Old Style, Mortgage Free Wannabe, Green & Ethical
    boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Frith
    • By Frith 29th Nov 17, 3:39 PM
    • 4,296 Posts
    • 40,032 Thanks
    Frith
    I had made our tea by 9.30am so it's in the fridge!

Sausage and bean casserole then a blackcurrant flan (trying to use some of the fruit from the freezer).

Also had butternut squash curry and a naan for lunch (also from the freezer).
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

5,958Users online

Martin's Twitter