Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 19th Jun 17, 10:33 PM
    • 420Posts
    • 77Thanks
    rexmedorum
    Emirates flight cancellation - should I escalate on resolver or wait?
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:33 PM
    Emirates flight cancellation - should I escalate on resolver or wait? 19th Jun 17 at 10:33 PM
    Our Emirates flight was cancelled (after they tried to get the plane to work for about 4 hours with us in it) and I ended up with a 24h delay (only 1 connection per day). I used resolver and send the standard letter. I am now able to escalate on resolver but I'm not sure if I should. We got the following reply 3 days after my original message to Emirates:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

The events that you have described are being looked into and one of our Customer Affairs Officers will write to you once our review is complete.

The review itself may involve a number of operational departments, and possibly third-party providers, therefore our response to you may take up to 30 days. Please be assured that we will do all possible to reply inside 30 days.

In any future correspondence with us, please quote the above reference.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us.

Yours sincerely,

Cristina Scalzi
    Customer Affairs UK & Ireland
    Emirates Airline
    Last edited by rexmedorum; 19-06-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: formarring
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 20th Jun 17, 5:28 AM
    • 10,847 Posts
    • 7,075 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 20th Jun 17, 5:28 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 5:28 AM
    what was the route of your cancelled flight? (to determine whether EU261 applies or not)
    Have you checked the NWNF checkers with your flight/date to see their opinion on whether there is a valid case for compensation?
    You will find Emirates posts on this thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4445423&highlight=emirates
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 20th Jun 17, 9:19 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:19 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:19 AM
    As far as I can tell it applies.
    Birmingham to Mauritius via Dubai

What is NWNF checkers?

the cabin crew told us we would get compensation and also to keep the receipts.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 20th Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 10,847 Posts
    • 7,075 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    If you put your flight details into EUClaim or bottonline they will do a free check based on the information logged on the flight to confirm whether compensation should be due or not
    Given that it was the flight from Birmingham (and not in Dubai) then it should be pretty slam dunk
    Has the 30 days passed?
    Might be worth having a read of the non-EU Airlines thread linked above to see what the recent turnaround times have been for EU261 with Emirates
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 22nd Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    • 22nd Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 8:10 PM
    thanks yes should be and according to those 2 it should be ok.
    30 days would bring it to 9 July just wondering whether I should wait for this given that the standard letters give the airline 14 days (14 days from my letter has gone already)
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 22nd Jul 17, 9:09 PM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    • 22nd Jul 17, 9:09 PM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 9:09 PM
    Hhm we got a message that we would get the compensation on 28 June. I returned the requested documents the next day and since then nothing. I sent a reminder message on 12 july but still no response.
    How long should I leave it before I escalate?
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 22nd Jul 17, 9:29 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 22nd Jul 17, 9:29 PM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 9:29 PM
    Hhm we got a message that we would get the compensation on 28 June. I returned the requested documents the next day and since then nothing. I sent a reminder message on 12 july but still no response.
    How long should I leave it before I escalate?
    Originally posted by rexmedorum
    I'd say they have had long enough, but really it's up to you.

Have you tried to phone them?

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 24th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    • 24th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    • 24th Jul 17, 9:27 AM
    Ha ha ha I called and was told that they don't have the number for this department, can't put e though and it would take AT LEAST 30 working days from the point they confirm the compensation.

After some arguing apparently they don't have any way to speak to somebody about this.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 24th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 24th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    • 24th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    Oh well, if they want to be silly about it, issue them with a LBA giving them 2 weeks notice to pay you and if they still refuse issue legal proceedings against them via MCOL (if only one claimant) or N2 paper document (if more than one claimant)

They will not be able to ignore that.

Good luck.
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 26th Jul 17, 3:25 PM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    wow hong on lots of acronyms
    LBA - I guess letter before action ? (Templates anywhere)
    where do I find the N2 paper document?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 26th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes LBA does mean letter before action. Google and download Vaubans guide. On page 6 is a template letter.
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 7th Aug 17, 8:51 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    Hhm did the LBA and still no response. However I have taken to twitter and finally some action. Being asked to send the details and release forms to a separate email as supposedly they have not received my replies via Resolver.....
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 8th Aug 17, 12:35 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hhm did the LBA and still no response. However I have taken to twitter and finally some action. Being asked to send the details and release forms to a separate email as supposedly they have not received my replies via Resolver.....
    Originally posted by rexmedorum
    The airlines never make it easy and so you have to use all the tools at your disposal, Twitter et al.

Good luck.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 9th Aug 17, 7:48 AM
    • 759 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    legal magpie
    The golden rule is not to make a threat that you aren't prepared to carry out as it destroys your credibility and that of others. They ignored your LBA so carry out the action in your threat. Issue Court proceedings and they will realise that you mean business.
    • rexmedorum
    • By rexmedorum 20th Aug 17, 9:25 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    rexmedorum
    You won't believe what's just happened! I have just received the compensation!
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 20th Aug 17, 10:25 AM
    • 759 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Well done. Great result
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,143Posts Today

9,159Users online

Martin's Twitter