Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stusarah14
    • By stusarah14 19th Jun 17, 8:27 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 10Thanks
    stusarah14
    Wedding order of service
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:27 PM
    Wedding order of service 19th Jun 17 at 8:27 PM
    Hi all,
    Getting married in August, does anybody have any links to download an order of service template as all the ones
    I have searched seemed to want payment but there must be free ones out there somewhere as we are on a tight budget :-/
    Stuart.
Page 1
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 19th Jun 17, 9:34 PM
    • 3,014 Posts
    • 6,965 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:34 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:34 PM
    Why not just use the church's hymn books if the budget is tight?

Not being rude but why spend money (any money tbh) & time preparing something that at best will be left in the church or at worst binned as soon as the bag/suit is decluttered

If you really do want to do your own then what about a picture of the church (I was going to say a photo of you & your bride but that's too funeral like) or a place special to you on the front and then just the usual blurb - name of the happy couple, date & place. The insert can be plain apart from the hymns
    Last edited by gettingtheresometime; 19-06-2017 at 9:36 PM.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 20th Jun 17, 10:38 AM
    • 532 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    firebird082
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:38 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:38 AM
    If it's a church wedding, there's a standard set of wording on the CofE wedding website: https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/. We did this as black + white text inside a printed cover to match our invitations. It included all the service wording, the readings and the hymns (the church should give you a copyright number to cover re-printing the hymn wordings).

If it's not a church wedding, there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of point, as there's little involvement by the attendees.
    • ahja
    • By ahja 20th Jun 17, 1:13 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    ahja
    • 20th Jun 17, 1:13 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 1:13 PM
    If its a church wedding then you will need to speak to that church. There is sort of an accepted way of doing an order of service, but churches do differ - for example, the last order of service I did, the vicar had the bride and groom sign the register half way through the service in front of everyone, instead of after the service in another room.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,571Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin