Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 19th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 305Posts
    • 56Thanks
    Al Ross
    BT Sport
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    BT Sport 19th Jun 17 at 8:14 PM
    I haggled for a better deal back in March. I have Infinity 1,BT Sport and phone line.

Back then I got an email confirmation with the new ongoing prices and cost for BT Sport shows £0.00. The BT operator also informed me that new contracts taken out after the 1st of January would not be subject to any of the price increases.

I received an email a few days ago saying my Sports Package was going up to £3.50 a month. Can they legally do this?
Page 1
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 19th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    • 2,250 Posts
    • 1,630 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    Seems it might have been free for 3 months only, what does the contract you agreed to say?
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 19th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Al Ross
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    From my email dated 24.02.17

Ongoing charges for this order

Line Rental £0.00
    Broadband and Calls £47.49 Yet to discover BT TV? See bt.com/bttv for a great TV service Special offer discount £-21.50 Your special offer discount lasts for 24 months BT Sport Pack £0.00
    Total ongoing charges for this order £25.99
    Our prices and terms may change at any time while you're in contract with us. We'll let you know about any important changes before they happen.
    You might have paid for some of this already.
    About your BT Sport charges

You'll get a discount on full price BT Sport while you're within the minimum term of your BT TV and BT Broadband contracts. To keep that price, you'll need to renew these contracts when they run out. If you don't, you'll lose the discount and start paying £6 a month. We'll let you know if the price changes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

447Posts Today

4,294Users online

Martin's Twitter