Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hope17
    • By hope17 19th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hope17
    Struggling to pay mortgage payments - just settled IVA - not sure what to do
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    Struggling to pay mortgage payments - just settled IVA - not sure what to do 19th Jun 17 at 7:53 PM
    Hello,
    Had a mortgage since 2010, no issues with making payments till now. I pay for all on my own, had to enter into IVA in 2014, took voluntary redundancy (i was likely to lose my job anyway due to cuts in our team and across the board so it was a case of taking money while it was still there).

When I was looking into, jobs seemed to be okay and out there and I was and am willing to go for a lower paid job just as long as it meets all my bills and a tiny bit left over so I offered a full & final settlement to pay off IVA, this was completed in May.

I've continued mortgage payments while being unemployed and have applied for JSA (conts based) and waiting to hear but even so I've only got just about enough to pay for mortgage at the start of next month, probably not enough left over to pay for bills unless JSA is agreed but then minimal money to pay for food.

Am applying for so many jobs, have an interview at last next week but obviously no guarantee of getting it.

I enquired about taking a payment holiday at the end of last month with Halifax but because it had that I was in an IVA they said I couldn't have one, explained that the IVA was now complete and the lady said send in the completion certificate when it arrives and we can remove it from our system and then you're eligible for the holiday.

The CC from the IVA company can take a while to arrive so there's no guarantee it'll arrive this month though i could enquire about this, if it's not going to come, what are my options? I don't want to go into arrears but I'm just at a point of desperation and worry and want to be honest about the situation and I hope it won't be for long I'll be like this as I hope I can get a job but there's no guarantee. Is it just best to phone up Halifax and explain?

Thank you and sorry if these are stupid questions.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin