Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Iwanttobefree
    • By Iwanttobefree 19th Jun 17, 7:02 PM
    • 874Posts
    • 2,185Thanks
    Iwanttobefree
    Benefits cut, need to reduce DMP payments
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:02 PM
    Benefits cut, need to reduce DMP payments 19th Jun 17 at 7:02 PM
    Hi all.

I have been taken off ESA and put on JSA meaning I loose £35 a week.

I'm not appealing, spoken to GP, she said: I'm in a tough situation as due to my CFS/ME being cured, technically I am fit enough to work, but the problem I'm going to have is that while I am fit enough on paper to get a job, with my health problems, joint problems, back problems etc, the amount of jobs I'm going to be actually capable of doing are going to be extremely small. Not only that, when people start having problems like I am with my back, they tend to get worse over time not better.

She said she can write a letter to the job centre if I want, but try talking to them first, as it has to be done privately and costs something like £20. (She's also referred me to a neurologist today after the results of my spinal MRI)

I (we) had £32k of debt with 10 creditors, have got it down to £26.400 in about 3 years and currently have £186 spare a month, but this will now drop to £35 a month.

I self manage our DMP. Three of our accounts are currently with the financial Ombudsman (Creation finance ones)

Hopefully this will be temporary and within a few months I will be able to find some sort of part time job I can do, but until then, I'm going to have to submit a new offer.

Do I just submit a new income/outcome and new offer, or should I go into more detail about my health as I have above to explain myself?

Many thanks
    Formerly Tribulation:

"It seemed to me that any civilisation that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a civilisation in which I could live and stay sane." ...Wonko the Sane
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 19th Jun 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 1,136 Thanks
    venison
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:44 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:44 PM
    have you appealed the ESA decision, either you are fit enough for work or you aren't?
    #WeStandTogether
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 20th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    • 700 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    here is your answer

Do I just submit a new income/outcome and new offer, or should I go into more detail about my health as I have above to explain myself?

definetly submint new income/afforabilty and mention change of health as circumstances
    shoudn,t be a problem other than increasing dnp term
    sc dmp 2012 13k

Jan 2017 7380 paid. 50% ish...
    • Iwanttobefree
    • By Iwanttobefree 20th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    Iwanttobefree
    • 20th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    have you appealed the ESA decision, either you are fit enough for work or you aren't?
    Originally posted by venison
    Not appealing as according to them, I am fit enough for work.

However, the type of job I can do is severely limited.

Hoping I find something quickly

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72720395&postcount=20 gives more details about my fitness for work if your interested
    Last edited by Iwanttobefree; 20-06-2017 at 1:13 PM.
    Formerly Tribulation:

"It seemed to me that any civilisation that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a civilisation in which I could live and stay sane." ...Wonko the Sane
  • National Debtline
    • 20th Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    Hi Iwanttobefree

It’s normal for people to have a change in their circumstances from time to time so don’t worry if you need to update your income and outgoings and make a new offer to your creditors.

It is a good idea to explain why your circumstances have changed. Telling your creditors you have been moved from ESA to JSA would be adequate, but if you would like them to have a better understanding of your situation you can go into more detail.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,316Posts Today

7,917Users online

Martin's Twitter