Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ali93
    • By Ali93 19th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ali93
    Letter from DRP claiming Court action
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    Letter from DRP claiming Court action 19th Jun 17 at 6:29 PM
    Hi everyone, hope I have posted in the correct place! I'm looking for some advice on a letter I have received regarding a parking notice I have received from CPM I have had a chain of these letters which I have ignored and now I received a letter from DRP claiming they're going to take Court action if I continue to not pay- I understand there is a thread for newbies to read (I'm dyslexic so am unable to read this on my phone) can someone give me some advice as to what I should do next? Any help would be really appreciated
    Thank you
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    • 46,836 Posts
    • 60,151 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    The ones in capitals:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You are having a laugh, I suspect.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ali93
    • By Ali93 19th Jun 17, 6:49 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ali93
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:49 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:49 PM
    Thanks for pointing it out that it's in capitals my dyslexia hasn't made me blind!! By "unable to read" I meant the actual information past the headline....
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Jun 17, 7:08 PM
    • 14,395 Posts
    • 17,942 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:08 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:08 PM
    stop using a phone is the simplest answer

I and many others are reading and answering you on a laptop, plus I too have mild dyslexia , so wouldnt dream of reading this forum on a phone !!!

the alternative is to get someone without the illness to read it to you , or to use a text to speech app or program to allow you to hear it

many systems of help exist, so you are not doing yourself any favours by using a phone

as for DRPL , one 6 letter word to you

IGNORE
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Ali93
    • By Ali93 19th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ali93
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    I totally agree! I do have a lot of programs and forms of assistance normally, my actual phone is in for a repair so I'm having to use a courtesy one! Thank you very much for your reply and answer to my question I appreciate it
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 13,102 Posts
    • 20,414 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    I received a letter from DRP claiming they're going to take Court action if I continue to not pay
    Dyslexia or not, DRP are not claiming they are going to take court action (PS - they can't, they have no locus in this matter).

Please re-read what it is they are saying. I bet 'recommend to their client' is the more likely form of words.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 20th Jun 17, 8:00 AM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 3,136 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:00 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:00 AM
    The last thing DRP want is for this to go to court as they have failed in their bullying threats and lies and off the gravy train ignore them.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,951Posts Today

8,267Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Today's Twitter poll: Is it acceptable to take your shirt off and go topless in the street when it's scorching in the UK?

• Follow Martin