Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • clusters
    • By clusters 19th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 48Posts
    • 4Thanks
    HELP! Freeholder of converted property - what insurance?
    • #1
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    HELP! Freeholder of converted property - what insurance? 19th Jun 17 at 6:21 PM
    Hi there,

    I'm hoping someone can help. I am the freeholder of a semi-detached property that is converted into two flats. I live in the GF flat. I am starting to sort out buildings insurance to cover the whole property (as this is my responsibility as freeholder) but I can't seem to find who I should insure with.

    Do I need specialist insurance for the buildings and then insure my contents separately for just my property?

    Many thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,314Posts Today

9,682Users online

Martin's Twitter