Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hanza2012
    • By Hanza2012 19th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Hanza2012
    Past due credit solutions
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    Past due credit solutions 19th Jun 17 at 4:40 PM
    Hi,
    In February 2016 I was issued with a fine from HMCT for driving without road tax. When I moved home I accidentally forgot to renew my road tax online. However when I discovered the fine from HMCT I promptly settled the fine with them.

Last month I was sent a letter through the post from a company called Past Due Credit Solutions with a penalty notice of £80. I emailed them to say I've already settled the fine and paid HMCT and attached evidence of the payment. I have told them not to contact me. However they persistently keep bombarding me with phone calls and letters in the post which is borderline harassment.

Does anyone know anything this company or had experience dealing with them in the past? It would be good to know how to get them to stop pestering me. I appreciate any feedback or help on the matter.

Thank you
    Mike
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 19th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 30,395 Posts
    • 19,219 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    Hi,
    In February 2016 I was issued with a fine from HMCT for driving without road tax. When I moved home I accidentally forgot to renew my road tax online. However when I discovered the fine from HMCT I promptly settled the fine with them.

Last month I was sent a letter through the post from a company called Past Due Credit Solutions with a penalty notice of £80. I emailed them to say I've already settled the fine and paid HMCT and attached evidence of the payment. I have told them not to contact me. However they persistently keep bombarding me with phone calls and letters in the post which is borderline harassment.

Does anyone know anything this company or had experience dealing with them in the past? It would be good to know how to get them to stop pestering me. I appreciate any feedback or help on the matter.

Thank you
    Mike
    Originally posted by Hanza2012
    Was the £80 for the car tax issue or a separate issue altogether ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 19th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 12,664 Posts
    • 11,990 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Hi Mike,

It may be a separate issue they want to speak to you about.

Send them the "provit" letter, and adapt it so that you ask them to remove your phone number from there system, and only contact you in writing from now on.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Hanza2012
    • By Hanza2012 19th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Hanza2012
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    Hi, yes it is for the car tax issue.
    • Hanza2012
    • By Hanza2012 19th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Hanza2012
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    Thank you. Yeah it is the same issue regarding the road tax.
    • Wimbrel
    • By Wimbrel 20th Jun 17, 10:57 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    Wimbrel
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:57 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:57 PM
    This company are a pain! They keep sending letters about an HMRC debt. I have three times sent proof that there is no debt, All monies due were paid direct to HMRC . I've even sent a letter from HMRC confirming that there is no outstanding debt,They seem to be incapable of updating their records.
    Jan 2012 debts £43,237 . Feb 2017 debts £1270 Jan 2012 emergency fund £0.00 2017 June 2017 savings £14,456. . Getting there!
  • National Debtline
    • 21st Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    • 21st Jun 17, 1:26 PM
    Hi Mike

I would advise you to contact the DVLA to be 100% sure Past Due are trying to collect the same fine that has already been through the magistrates’ court. If the DVLA confirm it is, ask them to instruct Past Due to stop pursuing you as the debt has been paid.

If it is a different fine you will need to pay it before action is taken through the magistrates’ court again.

Susie
    @natdebtline

We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,440Posts Today

8,527Users online

Martin's Twitter