Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 19th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    • 1,724Posts
    • 890Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Let down by Furniture Village!
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:35 PM
    Let down by Furniture Village! 19th Jun 17 at 4:35 PM
    We purchased a Gplan three piece suite from Furniture Village in Leeds, paid for their "Fabric Gold Elite" for 5 seats for £195. When it arrived it had not been protected. We think they forgot to do it.

When we took it up with them they said that the the Gplan material in the Gplan Mistral suite was not suitable for treating.

We took this up with Gplan and they replied:-

" I am not aware of any instances where treatments could not be applied," So porky pies from Furniture Village me thinks?

We have now had the money for the treatment refunded, but would like the suite treating to protect against stains.

Gplan do not have any agents who carry out these treatments in our area - Huddersfield.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Fortyfoot
Page 1
    • Annie1960
    • By Annie1960 19th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    • 2,664 Posts
    • 1,490 Thanks
    Annie1960
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    In the past, such treatments have been carcinogenic. Unless you know that the formulations have changed and they are now safe, I would personally think twice about getting stain guard treatments.

Maybe you've had a lucky escape?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

205Posts Today

1,323Users online

Martin's Twitter