Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wordsfan
    • By wordsfan 19th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 344Posts
    • 71Thanks
    wordsfan
    Contents ins cost v quality of service
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    Contents ins cost v quality of service 19th Jun 17 at 4:29 PM
    Hi

Ive just moved from furnished private let to a housing association unfurnished property which I am currently building up furnishings etc.

Recently bought all new carpet, vinyl flooring, white goods, tv and we also have all the usual tech most of us do now.

Now the tools on mse are great but I am aware from previous experience that cheap doesn't necessarily mean if I need to claim I'll get a good service so I want to protect us (Daughter and I) from the pitfalls and go with a good company (even if we pay a little more BUT I am not made of money either so it's balancing the two).

So MSE'ers who would you recommend? who would you warn me off?
Page 1
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 19th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:55 PM
    I would do a comparison, and then start searching reviews for the companies that come up within your price range.
    Capital One:£1,259.40/£1,300.00
    Aqua: £273.29/£300.00
    o2: £221.00 / £271.00
    • wordsfan
    • By wordsfan 21st Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    wordsfan
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:12 AM
    Nobody really?
    • wordsfan
    • By wordsfan 21st Jun 17, 11:13 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    wordsfan
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:13 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 11:13 AM
    Apologies future girl thanks for your reply page was showing as if I'd had no reply.

Good idea will check comparison sites later today.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

1,614Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin