Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cathkel93
    • By Cathkel93 19th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cathkel93
    Smart parking PCN-popla appeal
    • 19th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    Smart parking PCN-popla appeal 19th Jun 17 at 3:13 PM
    Hi folks,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I received a parking fine of £60 from Smart Parking for parking in a playing fields car park in Birmingham. It was a posted fine complete with pictures of my car, I had paid for 300 minutes but was over by 22 minutes-The parking machine wouldn't accept my new pound coins and the field is pretty iscolated so I spent ages trying to find alternative change to pay with which lead to the delay-naively I appealed it with the company explaining what had happened. I'm pretty sure I explained it as above which I think means I've admitted to being the driver. After reading on this I realise this is a massive mistake. I'm wondering if this will void my POPLA appeal or how to go about arguing my POPLA appeal..I've read the threads, should I argue the signage, the broken machine, the delay and grace period, rights to the land etc or just pay the fee (I'm not keen on this)..if any of you parking whizz kids could help I'd be massively thankful.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    yes, use as many of those points (or more) in your popla appeal

see post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread to get the legal points you need

shame you admitted being the driver, otherwise you had more possible legal points to make
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Cathkel93
    • By Cathkel93 19th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathkel93
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    I know I'm so annoyed at myself but I thought they'd be reasonable (again naivety). Thanks for the reply
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 50,142 Posts
    • 63,507 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    It's only Smart Parking, easy to beat even when the driver has been admitted. And easy to beat even if POPLA doesn't work and a small claim is attempted. They back down when people defend a small claim too.

You just need to read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread and/or other Smart POPLA threads.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,666Posts Today

8,562Users online

Martin's Twitter