Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RuFFCuT RetRo
    • By RuFFCuT RetRo 19th Jun 17, 2:25 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 5Thanks
    RuFFCuT RetRo
    Updating life insurance and critical illness
    • 19th Jun 17, 2:25 PM
    Updating life insurance and critical illness 19th Jun 17 at 2:25 PM
    Hi,

We've recently brought our first house and as part of this we took out life insurance, critical illness and income protection from Aviva.

I'm wondering, if I were to say get diagnosed with kidney problems or something else during the next year or so do I need to inform the insurance company?

I'm on a fixed premium for the duration of the cover if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Ricky
    A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 19th Jun 17, 2:33 PM
    • 88,131 Posts
    • 53,357 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 19th Jun 17, 2:33 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 2:33 PM
    I'm wondering, if I were to say get diagnosed with kidney problems or something else during the next year or so do I need to inform the insurance company?
    insurance is a snapshot of your current health. What you get symptoms for later doesnt need to be declared (unless you are using the guaranteed insurability option, if one, to increase it).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Chris Pollard
    • By Chris Pollard 21st Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Chris Pollard
    • 21st Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    Dunstonh - if a customer exercises an option within the GIO constraints, there will be no need to provide any health information as anything that happened after the policy commenced should be ignored. It's only when going beyond the GIOs, for example, making a request to change from smoker to non-smoker rates, than an insurer might wish to make current health investigations.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

2,012Users online

Martin's Twitter