Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 19th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 9,333Posts
    • 10,507Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    0 WOW
    US visa turnaround time.
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    0 WOW
    US visa turnaround time. 19th Jun 17 at 1:28 PM
    I know that this may well be unusually fast but I just thought I'd post it as an example of how it can happen in some cases.

A week ago today (12th June) I decided to renew my B1/B2 US visa as I recently got a new passport and my old visa was due to expire in a few months.
    I submitted the online application at 8pm and then paid the $160 so I could arrange an interview time.
    The earliest appointment in London was on the 26th June so I opted for this.

On Tuesday 13th June, I decided to check to see if there were any earlier dates showing as I was told that lots of people cancel or change appointments and I saw that there was a 9.30 slot the next day (Wed 14th).
    I went to London for the interview and had finished at the embassy at 11am and it's now the 19th June and I have my passport complete with new visa in my hand.

It was a renewal and not a first time application but still, less than 7 days from application to completion can't be bad.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

77Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter