Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hbells
    • By Hbells 19th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hbells
    PCN advice
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    PCN advice 19th Jun 17 at 11:28 AM
    I recently received a PCN from Leicester city council for parking in a 1hr bay for too long and would like some advice on my next move and likelihood of success.

I was parked in a 1hr bay, no return within an hour outside work. I was first observed at 10:14. At 10:30 I moved bays, swapping spaces with a colleague. We both then received PCNs at 12.30. I emailed the parking office asking for evidence and they've turned down my appeal. They sent photos of my car at 12:30 but none from the first bay. They have stated the position of my wheel valves at the first time, which was apparently noted in their note book and have stated that the wheel valves were in the same position at the second time. They have no photographic evidence from my first parking space.

Do I either pay £25 now or risk losing my appeal with the independent adjudicator and having to pay £50. I have no photos of that day as I obviously don't photo my car daily but I have a witness statement from the person I swapped bays with along with a witness statement from someone else at work who was with us when we moved. Any help or advice much appreciated.
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 19th Jun 17, 1:38 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:38 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:38 PM
    You need to take this over to pepipoo who are the experts on council parking tickets this forum is mainly for private parking tickets.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 7:50 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,182 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:50 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:50 PM
    I recently received a PCN from Leicester city council for parking in a 1hr bay for too long and would like some advice on my next move and likelihood of success.

I was parked in a 1hr bay, no return within an hour outside work. I was first observed at 10:14. At 10:30 I moved bays, swapping spaces with a colleague. We both then received PCNs at 12.30. I emailed the parking office asking for evidence and they've turned down my appeal. They sent photos of my car at 12:30 but none from the first bay. They have stated the position of my wheel valves at the first time, which was apparently noted in their note book and have stated that the wheel valves were in the same position at the second time. They have no photographic evidence from my first parking space.

Do I either pay £25 now or risk losing my appeal with the independent adjudicator and having to pay £50. I have no photos of that day as I obviously don't photo my car daily but I have a witness statement from the person I swapped bays with along with a witness statement from someone else at work who was with us when we moved. Any help or advice much appreciated.
    Originally posted by Hbells
    Take it to adjudication, where almost everyone on pepipoo wins (you will be surprised):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

For the sake of just £25 difference, I would fight it wit pepipoo help, even though it seems from your description you were in a 1 hour bay (the second space) for 2 hours.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

309Posts Today

3,878Users online

Martin's Twitter