Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saunmj
    • By saunmj 19th Jun 17, 11:17 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    saunmj
    Compensation query
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:17 AM
    Compensation query 19th Jun 17 at 11:17 AM
    Hi All

Double pointed question here if I may : looking for a little guidance please.

- I was on a BA flight from Kuwait (to LHR) on Friday which suffered engine trouble mid air and returned to Kuwait. I was rebooked onto Etihad via Abu Dhabi and arrived home 18-20 hours later than planned. Would this qualify for the compensation processes with Kuwait not being in the EU or is the fact BA is an EU operator sufficient?

The 2nd part

- I was due to land 13:15 on Friday and had tickets for Guns N Roses in London that evening - clearly would have made it if on time but events led to 1 person (me) missing the show. Is there any liability on the airline for events such as this or is it a case of suck it up as bad luck?

Thanks all
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 19th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 17,972 Posts
    • 7,354 Thanks
    richardw
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    ... is the fact BA is an EU operator sufficient?

... Is there any liability on the airline for events such as this......?...
    Originally posted by saunmj
    Yes.......

No
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,486Users online

Martin's Twitter