Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gep
    • By Gep 19th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    • 38Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gep
    Portable Air-Con unit
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    Portable Air-Con unit 19th Jun 17 at 10:46 AM
    Can anybody recommend a good portable air-con unit in the £300 to £800 price range?

I've done some research and it seems that the dual-hose ones are more efficient, but all the recommended units I'm finding online don't seem to be sold in the UK. One example:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whynter-Dual-Portable-Conditioner-ARC-14S/dp/B0028AYQDC
Page 1
    • greatgimpo
    • By greatgimpo 19th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,046 Thanks
    greatgimpo
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    I suggest it's the wrong weather to buy an air conditioning unit - they've all gone!
    • Gep
    • By Gep 19th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gep
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    By Friday the summer will be over so I hope most people will be sensible enough not to waste money just because of this mini-heatwave.

For us though it's an all-year round problem and we can't install a proper air-con unit for lease restrictions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,310Users online

Martin's Twitter