Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • byateammate
    • By byateammate 19th Jun 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    byateammate
    Starting a new job, how long till I can apply?
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:42 AM
    Starting a new job, how long till I can apply? 19th Jun 17 at 10:42 AM
    I'm about to start work again after being at home looking after the kids for over a year. I was wondering how long I should wait before applying for a balance transfer credit card? I've not been able to apply for one since I've not had an income. Would 3 months be enough?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 19th Jun 17, 10:45 AM
    • 12,678 Posts
    • 12,935 Thanks
    zx81
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:45 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:45 AM
    Maybe. Varies by lender of course, and will depend on a lot of other factors. A BT card will be a lot harder to get than a standard one.

Have a look at the published criteria of a few lenders to know where to best apply.

If rejected, leave it another three months.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 19th Jun 17, 10:50 AM
    • 6,675 Posts
    • 8,207 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:50 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:50 AM
    I'm about to start work again after being at home looking after the kids for over a year. I was wondering how long I should wait before applying for a balance transfer credit card? I've not been able to apply for one since I've not had an income. Would 3 months be enough?
    Originally posted by byateammate
    The longer the better. But there's no fixed rule.

If you're registered to vote, pay your bills on time and work you have a chance.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 19th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    A4445
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    As far as I can remember Barclaycard don't ask how long you've been in employment
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,943Posts Today

8,538Users online

Martin's Twitter