Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 19th Jun 17, 4:47 AM
    • 1,344Posts
    • 16,210Thanks
    dumpling
    Old Style Daily Monday 19th June
    • 19th Jun 17, 4:47 AM
    Old Style Daily Monday 19th June 19th Jun 17 at 4:47 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
    May GC - 202/200
Page 2
    • caronc
    • By caronc 19th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 10,065 Thanks
    caronc
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to dumpling for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

Shocking attack in London seems to be something every week at the moment.

It's very overcast here so far and looks as though it could rain though the forecast is for sunshine later. My dad popped round for a visit and I've done some admin but now having a sit down after having to clear up the mess I made when I accidently tipped my recycling wheelie over when I was putting it out!
    I need to do something with the diced pork cheek that is now defrosted. I was thinking thai red curry but have a notion for chilli. Either way it will be for tomorrow as the meat is quite fatty so I want to cook and chill it so I can lift any fat off it.

Hope everyone has a good day x
    Feb GC £122/£100, Mar GC £131/£150, April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £80/£120
    • elona
    • By elona 19th Jun 17, 1:25 PM
    • 10,950 Posts
    • 56,938 Thanks
    elona
    Really hot last night and looks as if it will be sweltering today.

Catching the bus at 1.45 to meet dd in York and treat her to a new top or jeans for doing so well on losing weight and might see if I can get a meal deal at M and S.

Have a hospital visit tomorrow so need to set the alarm in plenty of time.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 19th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    • 5,435 Posts
    • 31,037 Thanks
    Gers
    Evening all.

Made it home without incident. New loo chosen though they all look very similar now, no old-fashioned 'pot' anymore. The one chosen is a little big higher than usual so that DM can be safe.

She then wanted to go round three different supermarkets! I managed to give M&S a swerve which helped at bit. PB wins are banked and car insurance renewed.

The two remaining workmen in her building are helping her up and down the stairs and generally being kind to her and she's loving the attention. Right now the inside walls are being tested for loose plaster and big chunks are being stripped off and new plaster put on. Not sure when all the work will be finished.

My place is sparkling as today is when the cleaner comes. She rang to tell me that the vacuum isn't working though I think it's user error as it works for me.

I've ordered 30 bags of compost which will be delivered tomorrow. The soil in my garden is just awful, very thin and full of stones / gravel so I'm going to add in some new soil. Just the thought of humping 30 bags through the house is giving me the vapours so I'll have to stay in tomorrow to make sure I'm here to catch the delivery bloke to help me. It's a local business and the chap is also one of the undertakers, must be a quiet day tomorrow!

Now it's a cup of tea and feet up! I'm a tad whacked just now so will take the chance to rest a bit this evening.
    • elona
    • By elona 19th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 10,950 Posts
    • 56,938 Thanks
    elona
    Found out it was 33 degrees so no wonder I am shattered.

Went wild and bought dd a top and trousers and a couple of dresses for myself. I got one in the sale and it was so comfortable I wore it to go home in.

Planning on living under a cool shower as it was so hot and sticky last night.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 19th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 1,034 Posts
    • 11,276 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    I am in big trouble because I tidied and hoovered my son's room. And I have no idea where one of his gismos has got to in the past month.
    I'm not happy with my O.H and won't go k to it but am teetering on the edge.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • karcher
    • By karcher 19th Jun 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 7,754 Thanks
    karcher
    I am in big trouble because I tidied and hoovered my son's room. And I have no idea where one of his gismos has got to in the past month.
    Originally posted by ancientofdays
    ((HUGS)) AOD..You just can't win sometimes. Have a nice cool shower and a cooling glass of your favourite tipple, sounds like you deserve it xx
    • Judi
    • By Judi 19th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 14,734 Posts
    • 58,581 Thanks
    Judi
    Originally posted by ancientofdays
    Sounds like a problem i regularly have. Youngest used to be so very tidy but he's gone in the opposite direction now. To be honest, i ought to leave him in his own mess and he hates me going in his room but if he wont clean it then i will. I wont have a messy/dirty room in my house.

Hubby back to work tomorrow thank goodness. Theres only so long he can milk his pain. Lord knows what he would have been like if he had needed treatment. Still i dont suppose it helped when i yelled "For goodness sake man up!" up the stairs when i heard him moaning.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,363Posts Today

8,283Users online

Martin's Twitter