Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 1:13 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    slick490
    Defence against PCM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:13 AM
    Defence against PCM 19th Jun 17 at 1:13 AM
    Hi all,
    I am now at the stage of formulating my defence against PCM. I would like to add in my defence (if relevant) that the signs posted at the site now are newly put up. When I parked and made my apparent "offence" the signs were not present at the time. The new signs however are obstructed by a tree against the lamppost and I was wondering if I would be able to add that in my defence.

"1. I am the Defendant, xxxxx, DOB xx/xx/xxxx, and reside at xxxxxxxxx

2. Save as specifically admitted in this defence the Defendant denies each and every allegation set out in the Particulars of Claim, or implied in Pre action correspondence.

3. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim disclose no legal cause of action and they are embarrassing to the Defendant as the Claimant's statement of case is insufficiently particularised and does not comply or even attempt to comply with CPR part 16 and practice direction 16 7.5. In this regard I wish to draw the Courts attention to the following matters;

(a) The Particulars of Claim are vague and insufficient and do not disclose an adequate statement of facts relating to or proceeding the alleged cause of action. No particulars are offered in relation to the nature of the any agreement. the method the Claimant calculated any outstanding sums due, how they became due, or any other matters necessary to substantiate the Claimant's claim.

(b) The over riding objective of the CPRs dictates that the case should be handled at a proportionate cost. The defendant recognises this duty and refrains from making an application for summary judgement at a cost which exceeds the claims value but asks the court to strike the claim out under it’s powers, of it’s own motion as several Judges across the country have already done.

4. The defendant was the registered keeper on the material dates. The claimant is put to strict proof of who was driving.

5. The claimants notice to keepers do not comply with the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 paragraph 8 including but not limited to 2(f).

6. The signs used by the claimant cannot constitute a contract as they are prohibitive or forbidding and do not have the necessary requirements of a contract, offer, acceptance and consideration. The supreme court stated in Parking Eye v Beavis that only the land owner/occupier could sue for trespass.

7. The signs are not clear, prominent and legible as per Parking Eye v Beavis. They cannot create a contract. The charge is buried in the small print and is an unfair term. The signs were sparse.

8. The signs attempt to create a distance contract but are unenforceable as they do not contain the correct cancellation information required by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation And Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

9. The claimant is put to strict proof that they are entitled to £239.28 plus interest as claimed.

10. It is denied that any contract was entered in to between myself and the claimant or that I have any liability in this matter.

11. Should the claimants try to make a case via witness statement I request the claim is adjourned at the claimants expense to enable a full particularised defence to be entered.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this Defence are true."

I would like to add pictures to this post but I am unsure on how to do so, as a new user I am not allowed to post links but I have made a TinyPic url for the pictures. Please let me know how I can post these pictures if it will make things more clear.
    I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you in advance!
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 19th Jun 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,564 Posts
    • 2,887 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:16 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:16 AM
    Location? PCM operate a number of hot spots with very dodgy signs as this is the only way they can get paid.

Or use the search box for the location and see what comes up.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    Hi all,
    The location is Salisbury Village. I would post up my claims form but im not sure how to do it.
    Thanks !
    • slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:11 AM
    [IMG]hxxp://i67.tinypic.com/2da100y.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]hxxp://i63.tinypic.com/25tc76w.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]hxxp://i65.tinypic.com/o76kw3.jpg[/IMG]

If a member that's able to change these into links could do so, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by slick490; 19-06-2017 at 7:33 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 6:54 PM
    • 50,750 Posts
    • 64,159 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:54 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:54 PM
    Spot the sign - anyone?:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o76kw3&s=9#.WUgO-GjyvIU

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25tc76w&s=9#.WUgPJWjyvIU

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2da100y&s=9#.WUgPQWjyvIU

I haven't shown your claim form as it is standard drivel, and you forgot to cover your MCOL password!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 7:33 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:33 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:33 PM
    WHOOPS heres the claim form without the password!
    [IMG]hxxp://i66.tinypic.com/t6xr3t.png[/IMG]
    • slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 7:34 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:34 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:34 PM
    Can someone help me with this defence then... I would like to know if I can add the obstruction as evidence and the fact that the signs were not placed when I was parked there last!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 50,750 Posts
    • 64,159 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    Yes add it. Very relevant:

I would like to add in my defence (if relevant) that the signs posted at the site now are newly put up. When I parked and made my apparent "offence" the signs were not present at the time. The new signs however are obstructed by a tree against the lamppost and I was wondering if I would be able to add that in my defence.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    any chance you can help me with how I would go about wording that in my defence? I have to submit my defence on the 20th
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 17, 7:43 PM
    • 50,750 Posts
    • 64,159 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Same as you said there, just changing 'I' to 'the driver'.

• slick490
    • By slick490 19th Jun 17, 7:47 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    Thank you!!!
    • slick490
    • By slick490 20th Jun 17, 11:17 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    slick490
    Hi, I was wondering what I should tick for the statement of truth part:

I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true
    I am duly authorised by the defendant to sign this statement - the defendant believes that the facts stated in this form are true
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 50,750 Posts
    • 64,159 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    First one of course, you are the named defendant. No-one else signs it, must be the person named on the claim form.

But we tell people not to submit defences on MCOL, we tell people to print the defence out (set out with headings and 1.5 line-spaced, as per bargepole's advice in the NEWBIES thread post #2), sign & date it, then scan it and email that document to the CCBC.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

644Posts Today

5,895Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin