Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tightasagnats
    • By tightasagnats 18th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    • 343Posts
    • 96Thanks
    tightasagnats
    Chain fell through Zoopla listing and EA
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:49 PM
    Chain fell through Zoopla listing and EA 18th Jun 17 at 9:49 PM
    Hello, sadly my chain broke as my buyer lost her buyer. They are trying to get another but turned down a cash offer as not enough. So we've put mine back on.

Luckily I am buying an empty place and not onward chain, but of course my flat is way down Zoopla and Rightmove listings. EA have arranged another open day next Sat, but not nearly so much interest as first time around. It is a great flat, not over priced.

I was thinking wait until open day, see how that goes, but if no offers then if I change EA will it be listed as a new listing?

I like my current agents (and they are also agent for place I am buying which is helpful) but there's only so much they can do to drive interest my way. It's a lively market locally and similar flats have been selling well.

Thanks y'all.
Page 1
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 18th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    sheff6107
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:18 PM
    New agent = completely new listing

Your existing agent can remove it for 14 days (I think) and put it back and it will show a new listing.
    • LoopyLoops
    • By LoopyLoops 18th Jun 17, 10:26 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    LoopyLoops
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:26 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:26 PM
    So frustrating when the sale falls through. We have had 4 sales fall through, and are on our 5th.

I asked our EA if we could go back to the top when one of our sales fell through. The EA said that it had to have been off the market for 14 weeks before the same EA could bump it back to the top, unless the price is reduced.

I waited a week and got stats from the EA for how many views our listing was getting and was surprised how many hits it was still getting and we did get viewings (and sold again). Definitely give it a chance. Hopefully your agent is motivated as you want to buy on of their listings.

Good luck!
    • tightasagnats
    • By tightasagnats 18th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    • 343 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    tightasagnats
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:51 PM
    Thanks Loopy Loops. Yes they are keen to get it sold. 14 weeks is the new minimum, I heard that.

So reducing could also work if I don't get an offer soon.

Cheers and good luck with yours!! LuCkY NUmBa 5
    • westv
    • By westv 19th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 4,350 Posts
    • 1,969 Thanks
    westv
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    I can understand the reasoning but the new rule does seem a bit unfair on those that may have a sale fall through but haven't been SSTC for more than 14 weeks. It's possible their property may be overlooked by buyers as they aren't aware that it's back on sale.
    • tightasagnats
    • By tightasagnats 19th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 343 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    tightasagnats
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    Yep. Exactly. There could be an option for that....but I guess people could misuse it.

I'll see how it goes. Interestingly the agent I first contacted but didn't go with in the end called me up this morning asking how it was going and has someone coming to see it tomorrow. He was a bit of a wide boy, but be funny if that paid off in the end for him (and me).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

688Posts Today

6,373Users online

Martin's Twitter