Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ACMA
    • By ACMA 18th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ACMA
    Shall I pay this parking charge notice, or not?
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    Shall I pay this parking charge notice, or not? 18th Jun 17 at 9:14 PM
    Hi all, I'd love your advice please! I was admittedly a few minutes late returning to my car in a pay and display private carpark (2 children under 3!!). As I arrived at my car with a friend, the warden was taking photos of my car. I apologised profusely, and he made a joke about how he remembers what its like with small children, and as far as I am aware he dismissed the fine, he walked away, and my friend I was with thought the same. He hadn't written out any tickets, or put any notices on my car, just taken the photos. I have however since received the fine in the post! I appealed it and it was rejected on the grounds that my ''vehicle was not parked in accordance with the terms and conditions... at the time the vehicle was observed, it was not displaying a valid ticket...''. Yes that is true, by a few minutes, but I believed he disregarded the fine, as did my friend, and I didn't have any paperwork put on my car. Should I pay? The last day for the 'cheaper' payment is tomorrow!!! Help please!
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 50,604 Posts
    • 63,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    Your​ next step is to familiarise yourself with the process you are caught up in.

Advice on how to deal with this is in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum (you are politely asked to do this before starting a new thread).

You will not be paying a penny and certainly not the bribe (discount). Read the thread advice.

Tell us which parking firm, but replies here are no short cut to reading the FAQS and learning how to challenge/win.

Genuinely I know what it's like, I had 4 kids in seven years (wow, looking back...?!). All a bit older now.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ACMA
    • By ACMA 18th Jun 17, 9:38 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ACMA
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:38 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:38 PM
    Thankyou, I will have a thorough read through, apologies I haven't yet done so, am new to forum posting!

The parking firm is One Parking Solution.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 40,415 Posts
    • 80,721 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    It is not a fine.

No you should not pay.

You should edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Keeper or The Driver or An Occupant of the car.

As above, read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES, then send the initial relevant template letter. We can't tell you which one until you tell us the name of the parking scammers. Exact name, not initials please.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 2,491 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    he made a joke about how he remembers what its like with small children, and as far as I am aware he dismissed the fine, he walked away, and my friend I was with thought the same. He hadn't written out any tickets, or put any notices on my car, just taken the photos.
    Originally posted by ACMA
    It's how the scammers train them to avoid conflict, you've been had I'm afraid.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Jun 17, 8:34 AM
    • 7,160 Posts
    • 6,206 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:34 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:34 AM
    Pay only if a judge tells you to. How likely that would be depends on many factors, including how long the overstay was, who the parking company are, how clear the signage was.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • ACMA
    • By ACMA 19th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ACMA
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:50 PM
    The overstay was probably around 10 minutes, so seems very harsh!! And the company was One Parking Solution. I Google them and their faq page said opposite to everything on the newbies thread here, it is legal and enforceable etc!
    • ACMA
    • By ACMA 19th Jun 17, 9:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ACMA
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:54 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:54 PM
    They're called One Parking Solution. I've already appealed before I knew about this forum, which was rejected. What should I do next? So it's too late to use all the technical legal jargon in an appeal?!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,711Posts Today

7,688Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin