Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 18th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 158Posts
    • 15Thanks
    AdviceSought
    Advice on completing application forms
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    Advice on completing application forms 18th Jun 17 at 7:16 PM
    Hi

One thing I really struggle with is completing an application form to demonstrate my suitability.

My current employer has a role that I'd be keen on, but I don't quite meet all of the criteria in the advert. I think I'll still try and apply anyway.

Anyone any advice on how to construct an answer to these sort of things, given what I've said above:

Please provide evidence of how your knowledge and experience meets EACH of the requirements for this role
    In terms of one of the requirements, they list they want folk to have experience of a certain type, within this specific sector. I obviously have the latter but not the former...

And obviously the next part is this type of thing...

Please detail situations you have experienced which demonstrate your ability to meet the behavioural requirements of this role. Generic statements such as 'I am a confident communicator' will not be considered. Only enter a response against the appropriate number of behaviours. ie there are 6 boxes but there may not always be 6 behaviours.

For each behaviour please detail: a short summary of the circumstances; what you were trying to achieve; the actions that you as an individual carried out; and the outcome.
    Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 18th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 2,237 Posts
    • 2,654 Thanks
    daytona0
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:20 PM
    Very vague question...

Instead of making it a challenge for us to decipher what is going on, could you instead list the following:

- Your current job role

- Your desired job role

- The specific questions presented.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 18th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    • 29,179 Posts
    • 16,982 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    Think 'transferrable skills'.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 18th Jun 17, 8:35 PM
    • 18,566 Posts
    • 18,829 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:35 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:35 PM
    Far too vague. What are you expecting people to say, without knowing what the skills are which you feel you don't match?
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,278Posts Today

8,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin