Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chapperspmc10
    • By chapperspmc10 18th Jun 17, 5:25 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    chapperspmc10
    BT dispute
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:25 PM
    BT dispute 18th Jun 17 at 5:25 PM
    Have recently moved from sky bradband to BT. Engineer did not turn up on the first date, when I called to report I was told they hadn't even arranged for openreach to install the line. They informed me of a new installation date 5 days later which was nearly a month after the original date. When I said it wasn't good enough they requested expedite but it was refused. In the end my broadband was installed 25 days after the original installation date.

BT have offered me £91 compensation (second offer) after I asked for approx £200 reimbursement for losses incurred as below:
    -£50 compensation for having to take an additional afternoon off work,
    -£55 in excess mobile data charges incurred,
    -£50 reimbursement for dongle purchased to alleviate excess mobile charges
    -£40 for services such as Netflix etc that we were unable to use as had no broadband.

I am cancelling my DD (have not made any payments yet) and informing them I am not paying until this is resolved.

They have stated they can only offer the cost of days lost pro-rata'd and a one off £50.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 18th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 1,718 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    Why would OR need to install a line if you were moving from Sky to BT? Surly the work would have been done in the exchange so no OR home visit would been required. Or did you move to Fibre from ADSL?
    Last edited by Inner Zone; 18-06-2017 at 5:33 PM.
    • chapperspmc10
    • By chapperspmc10 18th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chapperspmc10
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 5:35 PM
    Sorry should have said, moved to Fibre from ADSL
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 19th Jun 17, 12:45 PM
    • 9,441 Posts
    • 3,858 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 19th Jun 17, 12:45 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 12:45 PM
    Cancelling your DD will only end in trouble for you not BT .
    • macman
    • By macman 19th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    • 40,953 Posts
    • 16,758 Thanks
    macman
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 1:57 PM
    ADSL to FFTC does not usually require an OR engineer visit. The new router, if required, is self install. All they ask is that access to the property is available should the engineer need to check the signal within the premises. The physical upgrade is done at the exchange and street cab.
    You are seeking compo for consequential loss on a contract for which there is no SLA, so your demand is unrealistic. And risking getting your credit file trashed by cancelling the DD is just stupid.
    Last edited by macman; 19-06-2017 at 2:00 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,281Posts Today

8,564Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin