Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Reb2016
    • By Reb2016 18th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 20Thanks
    Reb2016
    Change name of person but not address
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    Change name of person but not address 18th Jun 17 at 3:24 PM
    Hi,
    Just sold an item on eBay, and have been asked to send to a different name to the one on PayPal. Same address just different name, and trying to work out if it's safe to do that? just concerned that if there was an INR the buyer could claim I sent it to the wrong person, even though it's the same address?
    What would anyone advise?
    Light bulb moment June 2017
    Debt 13333.63
    Debt free date October 2020 41 months
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 18th Jun 17, 3:29 PM
    • 58,759 Posts
    • 41,604 Thanks
    soolin
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:29 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:29 PM
    Hi,
    Just sold an item on eBay, and have been asked to send to a different name to the one on PayPal. Same address just different name, and trying to work out if it's safe to do that? just concerned that if there was an INR the buyer could claim I sent it to the wrong person, even though it's the same address?
    What would anyone advise?
    Originally posted by Reb2016
    For cheap items I just change the name as requested, for expensive items I tend to add both names, that way PayPal are happy if I ever need to provide a proof of,postage and buyer is happy that I have included the other name.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Reb2016
    • By Reb2016 18th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Reb2016
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    I didn't think of putting both names on that's a great idea, thanks Soolin
    Light bulb moment June 2017
    Debt 13333.63
    Debt free date October 2020 41 months
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 19th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 1,803 Posts
    • 1,011 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    Never had that one in 15 years of trading on eBay

• soolin
    • By soolin 19th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    • 58,759 Posts
    • 41,604 Thanks
    soolin
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:08 PM
    Never had that one in 15 years of trading on eBay
    Originally posted by TKPeters
    I suspect it depends on what you we sell , I get it a lot, possibly a couple of times a month someone's buys something and asks me to address it to their husband/wife or parent at the same address.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 19th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    • 304 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:24 PM
    Is it the same surname ? Some people use their second forename.

An electoral roll check maybe ?
    • foxtrotoscar
    • By foxtrotoscar 20th Jun 17, 1:06 AM
    • 967 Posts
    • 1,391 Thanks
    foxtrotoscar
    • 20th Jun 17, 1:06 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 1:06 AM
    Why? Royal Mail deliver to addresses not named people.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 20th Jun 17, 8:24 AM
    • 58,759 Posts
    • 41,604 Thanks
    soolin
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:24 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:24 AM
    Why? Royal Mail deliver to addresses not named people.
    Originally posted by foxtrotoscar
    When I buy for my husband or if my sons are at home I like them to get the package in their name - I do usually remember to change the name though in paypal before I pay. The things I sell could be given as gifts as well in some cases and so I assume the same applies.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,072Posts Today

9,128Users online

Martin's Twitter