Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chloe L
    • By Chloe L 18th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Chloe L
    Lloyds credit card from years ago suddenly reappeared?
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    Lloyds credit card from years ago suddenly reappeared? 18th Jun 17 at 1:51 PM
    Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently in the process of going through a mortgage application, so I am keeping an eye on everything credit / expenditure related at the moment,

I logged into the MSE credit report today for this months update, and I have noticed a Lloyds Credit Card appearing which I paid off in 2013.

It says that £203 is still outstanding, and was last updated on 10/02/2013, and that the account is fully up to date. Back in 2013, I paid off this account in full, and I vividly remember the balance showing as zero, and the account then dropping off my internet banking screen after a year or so.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden the account would re-appear, and worryingly as though I still owe them £203?

Hope this made sense,

Thanks.

gyazo.c om/9703f999dc38efca1dd296d5f5039eac

This is a link to a screenshot showing what I mean.
Page 1
    • MSE Chris
    • By MSE Chris 19th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    MSE Chris
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently in the process of going through a mortgage application, so I am keeping an eye on everything credit / expenditure related at the moment,

I logged into the MSE credit report today for this months update, and I have noticed a Lloyds Credit Card appearing which I paid off in 2013.

It says that £203 is still outstanding, and was last updated on 10/02/2013, and that the account is fully up to date. Back in 2013, I paid off this account in full, and I vividly remember the balance showing as zero, and the account then dropping off my internet banking screen after a year or so.

Does anyone know why all of a sudden the account would re-appear, and worryingly as though I still owe them £203?

Hope this made sense,

Thanks.

gyazo.c om/9703f999dc38efca1dd296d5f5039eac

This is a link to a screenshot showing what I mean.
    Originally posted by Chloe L
    Hi Chloe,

I can see how this is worrying you given your upcoming mortgage application. From your screenshot I can see that it states the account was last updated back in 2013 but is still showing that credit is in use. If the account was not in use, it would state "Dormant".

I'd call Lloyds straight away to see if they closed the account down correctly. If so, ask it to inform Experian and other Credit Referencing Agencies of the change.

Once you've confirmed this, also raise a query using the "Need some help" button (you'll see it in the screenshot you attached). Experian will then get in touch with Lloyds and once confirmed, make the account as settled on your report.

I hope this helps and it gets resolved quickly.
    • Chloe L
    • By Chloe L 19th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Chloe L
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:42 PM
    Thank you for your reply.

I tried contacting TSB who I was transferred to after the split within the bank, and they said they cannot see any credit card with them and I should phone Lloyds. I phoned Lloyds (who on the screenshot it actually says the credit card is with), and they said I am not their customer and I should phone TSB. Maybe it was the time of day that I phoned them but I just got the feeling I was getting fobbed off by the customer service advisers! ...

I will go into the branch tomorrow and see if I can get to the bottom of it.
    • MSE Chris
    • By MSE Chris 20th Jun 17, 9:20 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    MSE Chris
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:20 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 9:20 AM
    If it confirms the account is no longer open, go straight to the "Need some help" button in Credit Club. Experian will also get in touch with Lloyds/TSB and Experian will mark the account as closed on your report.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,326Posts Today

8,704Users online

Martin's Twitter