Next Gift Cards

Mrs Frog tried putting a few gift cards of a tenner each onto her account.....she doesnt want to lose them. It doesnt let her be in credit by more than £15. Online and on the phone.

So she has a plan. Buy some stuff online. Have it delivered. Pay the cards onto the account. Return the stuff to the shop. Have the money credited to her account.

Wouldnt it just be easier to accept the cards onto the account in the first place?
illegitimi non carborundum

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd just double check this will work before she does it. Last time I bought something (a different retailer though) with a gift card online and returned it, the balance was refunded directly to the gift card. Luckily I hadn't thrown it away!
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Yeah but this has the NEXT account inbetween the giftcard and the return. Stuff bought on account gets refunded to the account.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Yeah but this has the NEXT account inbetween the giftcard and the return. Stuff bought on account gets refunded to the account.
    But it is amazing these computerised systems will be able to tell she added cards to her account to make purchases, so could just refund to cards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure