Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Catherine313
    • By Catherine313 18th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Catherine313
    Trying to contract after moved house; Sky unable to provide braodband
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    Trying to contract after moved house; Sky unable to provide braodband 18th Jun 17 at 10:35 AM
    Hi,

I have recently moved house and was in the middle of a sky contract for TV and broadband. At the new property Sky are unable to provide broadband and have therefore released me from that contract, after trying to fine me! However, they are insisting that I need to continue to pay the TV contract even though I have not had it installed at the new property; when I looked at tariffs it was far cheaper to get a TV and broadband deal. I do not think I should have to pay out my contract for the TV, given that it was them who were unable to continue with the broadband part of the bundle, however Sky say they are separate contracts, which I was not aware of. I wonder what my rights are in this situation.

Many thanks, Catherine

Sent from my iPad
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 18th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 9,971 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    See identical post .
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 18th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    • 2,012 Posts
    • 2,531 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:49 AM
    You contracted with Sky to provide TV and broadband. It is not sky's problem that you have moved to an area where they cannot provide the broadband. TBH it was pretty good of sky to let you get away with not paying early termination on the broadband portion, not something they normally do.

However there is no physical reason why sky cannot provide TV to your new premises so you either stump up the penalty for early termination or put a sky dish up and start using what you are paying for.

It matters not that a TV/broadband package from a different supplier is cheaper, you have a contract with Sky so either have to pay to the end of the contract or pay for early termination
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,127Posts Today

6,973Users online

Martin's Twitter