Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 18th Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    • 59,575Posts
    • 42,268Thanks
    soolin
    new potentially expensive glitch
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:26 AM
    new potentially expensive glitch 18th Jun 17 at 9:26 AM
    I saw this mentioned on the community boards and other forums and had noticed a problem myself but had just assumed I was doing something wrong. Certain categories of items, are showing the £2.50 gallery fee even when the box is not ticked. One of mine went through showing no charge but when I checked my invoice the charge shows, and I also have several items that I cannot either edit or relist without a charge.

I've spoken to ebay this morning, they actually admit to the glitch and immediately refunded my erroneous charge, plus stayed online while I relisted some of my other items, and then refunded the charges.

For me the problem isn't the fact that I can't relist, but I can't even edit without a charge. As I mentioned on another thread I have personal issues at home at the moment so I am switching my dispatch times to cover when I know I can post- and I usually do a mass edit for that - but now I can't as anything currently live in certain categories throws up the charge - even when I just edit the dispatch time.

I don't know exactly how many categories it is affecting, so perhaps others could post if they find any. Most people are mentioning craft, hobby, wedding supplies type categories.

As mentioned earlier- ebay are fully aware of this glitch and I had no problems at all recovering my money. Worryingly though I don't know if this will affect GTC listings, people eon other forums have said it has affected them and the first they knew about it was when their shop fees shot up by hundreds of pounds after several hundred GTC listings automatically renewed.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • Ting-Tang
    • By Ting-Tang 18th Jun 17, 11:38 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Ting-Tang
    • 18th Jun 17, 11:38 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 11:38 AM
    Yes I've nearly been caught out by this - not when doing a new listing but when I've tried to edit something. There was no way I could get rid of the £2.50 charge so I had to end the listing and start again from scratch.

It's happened several times to me over the last few months, and it would be in an Antiques or Collectables category. Yet another thing on the long long list of ebay annoyances.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,116Posts Today

9,418Users online

Martin's Twitter