Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abid1292
    • By Abid1292 18th Jun 17, 3:37 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Abid1292
    Private parking fine HELP!
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:37 AM
    Private parking fine HELP! 18th Jun 17 at 3:37 AM
    Hi everyone.

I'm new to this and I really need help!!

So, I was driving my friends car on the 27/01/2017 and according to Open Parking I was issue with a PCN on my "windscreen". I definetly did not get anything in my "windscreen" on that day. My friend received a letter in March stating the PCN was issued and need to pay. As I was driving the car he forwarded me the PCN. I appealed the PCN and asked for evidence to show that PCN was issued on my windscreen. They have ignored it and so I though they have cancelled it.

My friend received another letter last week from ZZPS (debt collector) asking to pay £160. He called up the company and explained the whole situation but these idiots didn't wanna hear anything.

I wrote an email the Open parking few days ago and explained everything but haven't got any responds yet.

What should I do now?

Would appreciate your comments!
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 3,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    Welcome to the unregulated scammers world of private parking companies.
    You can ignore debt collectors they can't do anything othr thansend silly letters threatening doom but it's all bluff and bluster.

Stop phoning these people they are only after you money and will not listen to reason they are just nasty greedy idiots.

This bunch of Muppets are owned by a back office company and belong to the IPC who are in on the scams you should ignore them.

You should complain about not conforming to the COP to the DVLA, Trading Standards, and for what good it will do the IPC too.

These are the idiots you are dealing with, to date not worth loosing sleep about:
    http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Imperial_Civil_Enforcement_Solutions.html

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203628671-Imperial-Civil-Enforcement-Solutions-Ltd

Read the newbies thread on here for more info.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 40,159 Posts
    • 80,239 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 10:24 AM
    Unfortunately you have probably given away the driver's identity. This is something you should not normally do.

Your friend can safely ignore debt collectors as they have absolutely no powers. Post 4 of the NEWBIES explains why it is safe to do so.

If the scammers do no your details, then they should not be contacting the keeper at all. He/she should complain like mad as advised above to the DVLA and trading Standards as well as their MP.

All you can do is ignore anything and everything now for six years unless you get real court papers. Your friend should do the same once the complaints have been sent.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 18-06-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 13,979 Posts
    • 21,942 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    Ashley Bijster is the CEO of ICES and sits on the IPC's rule-making board charged with managing the Code of Practice. She should be setting the example!

http://www.imperial.co.uk/about-us/management-team/ashley-bijster/

Perhaps a complaint to the IPC might just elicit an interesting reply! Ghost ticketing and refusal to respond, surely a sanctionable issue?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Abid1292
    • By Abid1292 19th Jun 17, 3:08 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Abid1292
    • 19th Jun 17, 3:08 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 3:08 AM
    Thank you guys!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,976Posts Today

8,059Users online

Martin's Twitter