Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 17th Jun 17, 10:57 PM
    • 354Posts
    • 229Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Electric rotary shaver
    • 17th Jun 17, 10:57 PM
    Electric rotary shaver 17th Jun 17 at 10:57 PM
    Im looking for a new electric rotary shaver.

I've used a Philips electric shaver for years, so id prefer a Philips shaver because I like the design/performance.

However, after doing some research on the current models, the ones that cost about £50 to £60 don't include a stand, which is disappointing as my current shaver has one. The shavers at the higher price point of around £75 to £85 such as the Series 5000 shavers have a lot of negative feedback, people saying the head is flimsy, the motor is weak, the shaver only contain a single cutting blade which results in a slow shave, etc..

Id consider one nearer £150. However, I don't know if the difference in performance compared to the ones under £100 makes it worth it.

Any advice, thanks.
Page 2
    • John Gray
    • By John Gray 14th Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 5,064 Posts
    • 2,700 Thanks
    John Gray
    Who are these 'experts' of whom you speak?

Are you not falling victim to the argument from authority logical fallacy?
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 14th Jul 17, 10:25 PM
    • 8,841 Posts
    • 4,419 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    Are you not falling victim to the argument from authority logical fallacy?
    Originally posted by John Gray
    I don't think it's that deep. It's an oldish post now so I'd just mark that single post new user as

In fact I just did
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

8,438Users online

Martin's Twitter