Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mackin01
    • By mackin01 17th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mackin01
    0 WOW
    London travel
    • 17th Jun 17, 8:44 PM
    0 WOW
    London travel 17th Jun 17 at 8:44 PM
    Hi, will be staying at the travelodge London road hotel next month after flying into London Luton, can anyone tell me the best route from the airport to the hotel? Is it train form airport to Kings cross then tube? thanks in advance
Page 1
    • neverbrokensarah
    • By neverbrokensarah 17th Jun 17, 11:29 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    neverbrokensarah
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:29 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:29 PM
    which hotel do you mean? London City Road?
    • mackin01
    • By mackin01 17th Jun 17, 11:34 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mackin01
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:34 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:34 PM
    Yes, sorry the London city road hotel
    • martindow
    • By martindow 18th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 7,172 Posts
    • 3,988 Thanks
    martindow
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    You could walk to Angel tube about 5 mins away then Northern Line to Golders Green. Then there is a half hourly A1 bus to the airport

https://coachtracker.nationalexpress.com/routes/A1/I/Luton_Airport-London
    • neverbrokensarah
    • By neverbrokensarah 24th Jun 17, 7:36 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    neverbrokensarah
    • 24th Jun 17, 7:36 AM
    • 24th Jun 17, 7:36 AM
    Old street is the nearest tube to that hotel. Down from Northern line from Kings Cross or you could get the train to Farringdon (which you may be able to get directly) and it's a short walk from there too. The coach option given above sounds a good alternative if you want a cheaper but slower option.
    • ThemeOne
    • By ThemeOne 24th Jun 17, 8:08 AM
    • 1,108 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    ThemeOne
    • 24th Jun 17, 8:08 AM
    • 24th Jun 17, 8:08 AM
    If you're travelling from the airport by rail I recommend getting your ticket in advance, so you can get the shuttle bus included in the price.

To get the shuttle bus included the ticket needs to be from Luton Airport (LUA). If it's from Luton Airport Parkway (LTN) you'll have to pay £2.10 for the bus.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 24th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,549 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 24th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 24th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    If you're travelling from the airport by rail I recommend getting your ticket in advance, so you can get the shuttle bus included in the price.

To get the shuttle bus included the ticket needs to be from Luton Airport (LUA). If it's from Luton Airport Parkway (LTN) you'll have to pay £2.10 for the bus.
    Originally posted by ThemeOne
    Or you can buy the train tickets, which include the shuttle bus, in the Onward Travel Centre in the Arrivals Hall at Luton Airport.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

83Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin