Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stanton90210
    • By stanton90210 17th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    stanton90210
    0 WOW
    PayPal 5 Voucher Query
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    0 WOW
    PayPal 5 Voucher Query 17th Jun 17 at 6:16 PM
    Hi, PayPal sent an email saying: "We've given you a 5 voucher in your PayPal wallet. All you need to do is check out with Paypal before 30th June and your 5 voucher will be applied automatically".
    The email also says it's for "participating shops and websites".

I can't find a list of participating shops and websites for this offer and I can't see the 5 voucher in my wallet, is anyone else in the same situation?

Has anyone else had this offer and found a list of particpating retailers?
    Because the voucher is only applied at check out automatically, I don't want to buy something from a retailer who isn't participating and get charged if that makes sense.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • starrybee
    • By starrybee 18th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 16,956 Thanks
    starrybee
    • 18th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 12:21 PM
    Don't know where to find a list but you'll be able to see if the voucher is applied before you make the purchase. On the final screen before you click pay now it'll tell you where the money is coming from - so if there's money in your account it'll say x amount coming from your paypal balance, plus x amount from your bank account if the paypal balance doesn't cover it.

So if all it says is x coming off your card you'll know the voucher hasn't been applied.

• MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 18th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    • 2,716 Posts
    • 12,809 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    Have you been inviting friends
    • 18th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    From PayPal site
    Invite a friend and get 5
    Youll each get a 5 reward when your friend makes their first eligible purchase with PayPal.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • ZombieGeek89
    • By ZombieGeek89 20th Jun 17, 10:58 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ZombieGeek89
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:58 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:58 AM
    I received one of these the other day and used mine on ebay.

It had no minimum spend so I put 5 worth into my basket and checked out through PayPal; where it automatically applied the voucher are reduced the total to 0.

As long as you have accepted the voucher it should apply straight away at checkout. As for which online shops accept it, I think it's nearly all well known shops you can use PayPal on.
    • stanton90210
    • By stanton90210 20th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stanton90210
    • 20th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    That makes sense, thanks a lot for the replies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,976Users online

Martin's Twitter