Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pensall
    • By Pensall 17th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pensall
    Pension credit plus attendance allowance
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    Pension credit plus attendance allowance 17th Jun 17 at 4:14 PM
    Hi, I was told I would get extra pension credit because I was awarded attendance allowance. This was on 1st June, but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how much this is?
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 17th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 10,513 Posts
    • 12,430 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    Hi, I was told I would get extra pension credit because I was awarded attendance allowance. This was on 1st June, but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how much this is?
    Originally posted by Pensall
    I think you are talking about the severe disability premium which is added to the PC.

The criteria and the amount can be found here:

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/pension-credit-pc

Have you told Pension Credit that you have started to receive AA? A fortnight isn't long for the payment to get started. \it should be backdated to the decision date of your AA.

Just give them a call and see what is happening.
    • anmarj
    • By anmarj 17th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,226 Thanks
    anmarj
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    It is not an automatic award, there should be a notification sitting for action, just give them a call, and a form PC10 should then get sent out or you may be offered a phone call back to do it over the phone
    mummy to one

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,191Posts Today

4,522Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin