Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 17th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    • 972Posts
    • 1,236Thanks
    givememoney
    Little tip
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    Little tip 17th Jun 17 at 3:28 PM
    You may do this already, but if not I did this today and it was a revelation.

I was attending to our front garden and needed to trim back a few bushes. This generally makes a hell of mess which has to be cleared up. What I did was, get an old duvet cover and spread it round the bush to be trimmed. Most of the leaves and twigs fell onto the cover and because it was flexible, after I'd trimmed that area I just gently pulled the cover away and flipped the sides over then rolled it up with all the clippings inside and emptied it into the bin we have for garden waste.

This saved so much time and effort.
Page 1
    • mysterymurdoch
    • By mysterymurdoch 17th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    mysterymurdoch
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    My method is trim hedges/shrubs, blow everything onto the lawn then cut the grass. All done.
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 17th Jun 17, 6:04 PM
    • 972 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    givememoney
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:04 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:04 PM
    My method is trim hedges/shrubs, blow everything onto the lawn then cut the grass. All done.
    Originally posted by mysterymurdoch
    We don't possess a blower though and some of the branches might do in the lawnmower as they're quite thick. DH does say like you not to worry about bits on the lawn as the mower acts as a vacuum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

352Posts Today

2,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin