Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bedsit Bob
    • By Bedsit Bob 17th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    • 9,596Posts
    • 50,522Thanks
    Bedsit Bob
    Making my wallpaper fit my phone screen?
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:27 PM
    Making my wallpaper fit my phone screen? 17th Jun 17 at 3:27 PM
    I've just got a used smartphone - a LG Optimus Hub E510.

I tried setting a photo as the wallpaper, but it was huge, and I could only see a little bit of it.

I Googled the specs for the phone, and adjusted the image size to make it the same as the screen size (320 x 480 pixels), but the image is still far too big for the screen
    My job is Top Secret. Even I don't know what I'm doing.

Amount I have so far denied the BBC - £1161
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 17th Jun 17, 6:18 PM
    • 656 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:18 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:18 PM
    Remember in Android you'll have multiple home screens and what it does is make the wallpaper big enough to cover all the home screens. That phone appears to run Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 with the option of an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich aka Android 4. Therefore setting a wallpaper of 320x480 will be too small for all the home screens.

That being said, not all photos and pictures are suitable for wallpaper because they need either a section chopped out to fit the screen or for the picture file itself to be shrunk a bit (on a desktop computer for example and saved to the phone as a new file) so the cropped out bit can serve as your wallpaper.
    • emptybox
    • By emptybox 18th Jun 17, 1:04 AM
    • 267 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    emptybox
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:04 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:04 AM
    For most android phones the rule of thumb is to use a wallpaper that's double the smallest side.
    So for your phone try a picture of 640 x 480 resolution.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,171Posts Today

8,492Users online

Martin's Twitter